Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    Saab 93 cabrio 2.0t Vector YS3F

Soft top error

Hi!

I'm new here on the forum and need some help or opinion of someone who has come across a situation similar to mine
    I have a 2004 YS3F 93convertible and it was necessary to replace one of the soft top hydraulic cylinders, in this specific case it was the left side that raises / lowers the cover.
    The operation was performed manually,as the hydraulic had lost a significant amount of oil, everything went well and the new one was installed very easily.
    The problemis after that the soft top won´t function properly, giving SID 1 or 2 errors, * close / open soft top before driving * and * operation only possible manual * and it really is. ..
    Of course, as he had lost oil,it was already filled, so everything should beready for it to work perfectly.
    The hand-operated irons wereproperly collected as well, so there was something here that didn'tgo well.
    The soft top operates electrically until the lid closes,and then the cycle stops because it does not lock.
    Some ideas?
    Thanks in advance and congratulations for having Saab´s
    Last edited by Miguel; 19 September 2019 at 21:08.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Tops are tops and fluid is fluid, but you don't mix fluids. Not going to assume that just because the car is located on your side of the ocean that the right oil was used when the system was refilled, so just in case, I mention that on a Saab the Euro blend power steering fluid is the hydraulic fluid that runs the top and if it wasn't what was used to fill, flush the system and refill.

With all good working parts this is probably a small air bubble in the line. Haven't ever done a Saab top, but it looks to be the same as a Volvo and over riding the automatic close by holding the top close switch should eventually clear the close top error. It will also return again and again until all air is bled from the lines. Manual only operation suggests a larger problem and not knowing how long the system was run with low fluid and manual operation I won't even guess at what else could be causing the problem.

Saab(s)
    Saab 93 cabrio 2.0t Vector YS3F

Hydraulic oil for soft top unit

It's the correct oil, bought it trought the part number.