Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 arc
    Go it thanks and will update tomorrow morning

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 arc
    Just chamged the pressure regulator and haa been starting first crank....
    WHAOOOO IM EXTRA HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 arc
    UPDATE!!!
    Im still priming to try to get a clean start
    Pump, filter and regulator were all changed idk why the hell its doing this.
    Maybe tomorrow i will pull the pump back out see if maybe somethings not aligned right.
    I was told today that theres a plastic piece in gas tank that kinda controls the gas movement so the leg that marks how much gas you have doesnt move to much. They said to take that out (piece of shit) were the exact words.
    Anyone else experienced this and any major difference when plastic piece was removed??
    I did think it was weird as ive been in gas tanks before and never seen something like that..
    Any thoughts, comments or opinions are greatly appreciated.
    Btw i do get a clean start but only when i drive park shut off and start about 4 to 5min later but anything after that will not start clean. And what i mean by clean is crank start. What it does is crank crank crank crank crank crank crank crank crank then start if i dont prime

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    If I understand this as part of context:

(Just changed the pressure regulator and has been starting first crank....
    drive park shut off and start about 4 to 5min later or its always crank crank crank crank crank crank crank crank crank then start if i dont prime.)

It sounds like the electronic version of a carb / choke problem and I know you did this prior to replacing the fuel pump, but the next time it cranks without starting unplug the MAS and see what happens. Pulling the MAS sets fuel air to default and running with the MAS unplugged for any real length of time will eventually melt down your CAT, so if the car starts like it should, don't just leave the thing hanging any longer than you absolutely need to.

Yea, the plastic piece in gas tank kinda controls the gas movement, but the job it does is a lot more important than keeping your gas gage from bouncing and the people that pull that out and drive trouble free don't live in steep hill country.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 arc
    UPDATE AND SOLUTION!!!!
    I started at the pump inspecting fuel lines pushed the white and black tips make sure they had a snub fit and that was fine.
    Last night washed a video of how these lines work.
    So the white tip has a little ball tgat goes up when pump is on, thus letting fuel travel thru lines.
    I then oulled it out taking my time and very small wiggles and while inspecting i found a piece of debris (like a very small piece of a leaf) found something soft but firm to gently push ball back and fish out this piece of leaf or w/e it was and inspected to make sure all good inserted and LIKE MAGIC!!!!!
    CLEAN STARTS!!!!
    LITERALLY THE ONLY CAR I KNOW TO BARLEY EVEN HAVE A CRANK AND STARTS RIGHT UP!!!! SHES FINALLY BACK TO NORMAL and im HAPPY LOL
    and since we already have the ball rolling on general repairs seems like easier to keep rolling then to stop and start again.
    One major concen of mine is the hissing on my serp belt seems like alternator slightly wiggles and ac doesnt work either that one for sure is seized can see it plain as day. Just trynna fomd some where affordable... most ppl tell me they dont even wanna touch timing or serp belts. Thanks for all the help on here its definitely helps with ppl low on funds and have time to diy.😁😁