Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero Sportcombi

Few items to address

On another post I mentioned our adoption of the 07 Aero Sportcombi. Couple of things cropped up on the drive home that I couldn't quite figure out.

Brake light bulb failure. I have a warning for a brake light bulb failure, but I dont see any brake lights out. As I type this I'm wondering if this has a third brake light in the hatch.

On the speedometer, there is a setting that shows "Spd W 62mph________Off" Looking in the manual it says it's for a speed warning. I dont see how to adjust it, but I dont get any warnings either.

The compass in the Mirror doesn't illuminate.

The garage door buttons I can't seem to program...

The steering wheel controls don't light up at all.

I'm not super crazy about the tiny center armrest and cup holder situation (i have a bigger coffee mug-it fits in the center console holder).

Behind the power window buttons there is a square hole. I need to replace whatever sat in there. Was it a coin holder?

Gas struts for the boot lid need changing but I see the article posted for that.

Now I just need to go collect parts!

PS. Is there software I can buy or download to help me troubleshoot the car?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    My apologies. Meant to post in general forum. How can I move this to the general 9-5 forum?

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I moved the post to the general Saab 9-5 forum.

Brake light bulb failure. I have a warning for a brake light bulb failure, but I dont see any brake lights out. As I type this I'm wondering if this has a third brake light in the hatch.

Yes, there is a third brake light in the the hatch.

The steering wheel controls don't light up at all.
    This is by design, Saab thought lighted buttons on the steering wheel would be distracting.

I'm not super crazy about the tiny center armrest and cup holder situation (i have a bigger coffee mug-it fits in the center console holder).
    I wasn't either but it is what it is..

Behind the power window buttons there is a square hole. I need to replace whatever sat in there. Was it a coin holder?
    You are correct, that's for a rubber coin holder. I never used mine but still better to have it in there than have to look at a big hole.

PS. Is there software I can buy or download to help me troubleshoot the car?
    You can find instructions to get the Saab WIS and EPC here: http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?t=33310

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    I tried the brakes last night. They all light up. My wife tells me that the left one is brighter however the right bulb I just changed. I’m wondering if one of the bulbs is a LED and it’s not seeing the correct feedback. Easy enough to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Garage door buttons:
    May not work because your garage door opener might not be compatible with the homelink, or the thing doesn't work is also a possibility with no light to the compass. Try holding both outer buttons for at least 25 seconds to clear all old memory before holding your regular remote up to the control panel with the button pushed for the programming sequence, then add the car signal to your garage door when you reprogram all remotes to the opener.

Also LED without resistor built in or added external will give your car a light out indication.
    Last edited by Digger; 06 November 2019 at 05:47. Reason: typo