Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)

Saab 9 5 Wheel Lug Nut Bolt question

I have summer and winter tires for my 2004 Saab 9.5. I did not drive for a few winters as I was abroad and so I forgot that the rims for my winter and summer tires have different bolts. The summer tires are on the original aluminium rims that came with my Saab. The winter tires are a different brand (not from Saab) rim. So at some point I swapped wheels but not bolds and so now I am remembering I have different bolts for the different rims but do not know what bold belongs to what rim.

The cones are slightly different in dimension but I cannot figure out which one belongs to which rim. I tried to see if one fits better to the rime but cannot see if one fits better or not.

Enclosed is a picture of the bolds. On both the cone is loose, but on bolt A one can not remove the cone and on bolt B one can remove the cone by removing the O-ring.

Does anybody know what is or could be the original one?

Or alternatively how one can find out? Is there a way to measure in the rime what cone fits?

Name:  Saab 9.5 Wheel Bolt.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  43.7 KB

Dave
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2001 93 2.0Ltr HOT Aero coupe & 2011 1.9TTiD Aero saloon
    Hi

Just had a look at mine (as I've got two wheels off at the moment). I would say Bolts "A" are the original ones.

The cones are non removable and the top of the bolts are domed (not flat like bolt B).

If the other bolts were supplied with your winter rims, and appear to be the same length as the Saab bolts, I would imagine the depth of both rims bolt holes are the same.
    This you could easily check by putting a bolt in one of both rims, and measuring the protruding thread.

I've quickly measured mine, and roughly 20mm of thread is protruding out of the inner rim, which in turn will go into the hub sufficiently to secure the wheel safely.

Hope this is of some help

Dave 2 93s

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave 2 93s View Post
    Hi

Just had a look at mine (as I've got two wheels off at the moment). I would say Bolts "A" are the original ones.

The cones are non removable and the top of the bolts are domed (not flat like bolt B).

If the other bolts were supplied with your winter rims, and appear to be the same length as the Saab bolts, I would imagine the depth of both rims bolt holes are the same.
    This you could easily check by putting a bolt in one of both rims, and measuring the protruding thread.

I've quickly measured mine, and roughly 20mm of thread is protruding out of the inner rim, which in turn will go into the hub sufficiently to secure the wheel safely.

Hope this is of some help

Dave 2 93s
    very helpfull indeed Dave. Thanks a million!