Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    '03 9-3 2.0T Vector

HID Headlights and Halogen Bulbs

Just bought an '03 Vector with HIDs. They work just fine, but the halogen assist bulbs will not light. Just spent the whole afternoon troubleshooting. Put in a new battery and bulbs. I'm lost. Any assistance would be great.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by Olds455 View Post
    Just bought an '03 Vector with HIDs. They work just fine, but the halogen assist bulbs will not light. Just spent the whole afternoon troubleshooting. Put in a new battery and bulbs. I'm lost. Any assistance would be great.
    The fuse box under the engine hood is also called the under hood electrical center and it has a small computer that controls all front light operation. Your problem could be something as simple as a dirty electrical contact, as cheap to fix as a mouse chewed wire, or you could need a new UEC.

As a new Saab owner and forum member, the first thing you should do is go to the first sticky in the Tech Talk section and download a copy of the WIS (workshop information system). After you get the WIS loaded click the binoculars icon, type "lights" into the blank and read up on lighting. The lights overviews will tell you how everything works and give you pictures of all the components and where they are in the car. The WIS also has wiring diagrams, troubleshooting assist and service procedures. Knowing where things are and what they do will save you hundreds of hours and dollars.

With your other posting of windows & door locks, I suggest you start by reseating the body control module plug.

Saab(s)
    '03 9-3 2.0T Vector
    Thanks for the info. The owner's manual is in the mail. I'm hoping that will give me a breakdown as to how it's supposed to operate. I discovered the door speakers are blown as well. Just another thing to deal with. I'm hoping it's not the Amp1 issue. The speakers have good sound until you turn the audio up too much.