Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-5 Aero Wagon
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Got the oil pressure sensor replaced, it was definitely leaking. Iím sure I have more leaks, the passenger side control arm is basically soaked with oil. It could be the timing cover, or maybe crank seal? More to look into

0 Not allowed!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-5 Aero Wagon

Got a few more things checked off the list...new oil filter, valve cover gaskets, serpentine belt/tensioner/idler pulley. The hose going from the oil trap to the valve cover is broken, so I bought the entire kit from eEuroparts that includes the trap and all hoses; but for the life of me I canít get the hoses disconnected from the trap! I feel like I need a third set of hands to pull as Iím squeezing those grey tabs. I considered just cutting the hoses off so I can slide the trap out the bottom, but thatís kind of a point of no return solution. The two bolts holding the trap to the block are already out, intake bracket is out, I feel like Iíve given myself the best chance of success but Iíve so far failed miserably. If anyone has any suggestions, Iím all ears!

0 Not allowed!

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-5 wagon
    Thumbs Up:   2
    Haven't tackled that one either. My '99 doesn't have the oil trap set-up but is one of the things I was gonna hit this spring.

0 Not allowed!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-5 Aero Wagon
    Ended up cutting all the hoses close to the trap (I have all new ones) and then was able to get it out. What a bear...it looks like the older traps are much smaller than the one on my Ď06. I thought Iíd be able to get it out under the car, but the exhaust would probably have to be dropped to get it out that way. I read somewhere that a guy got it out the top, towards the right side between the intake and belt tensioner, so thatís where I finally got it to come out. Took quite a bit of cursing and scratched up hands/arms, however!

0 Not allowed!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-5 Aero Wagon
    Finished up installing the hoses last night. My god, what a pain. That whole design is the spawn of the devil, I swear. I spent about an hour and a half wrestling with the hose from the oil trap to the valve cover...only to finally discover that there was an extra o-ring stuck in there that was preventing it from seating all the way. After I figured that one out it went a LITTLE better, but still a huge pain. Glad thatís all over! Just gotta replace the vacuum lines with silicone now, but that should be a cake walk compared to that disaster.

0 Not allowed!