Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero

Holiday in Maine, 2020

Hello, I will be on holiday for a few weeks September - October this year and am looking for some advice / guidance.
    I would like to visit both the hinterland and the coast - perhaps a clock-wise tour travelling up from Philladelphia (and back to ).
    Looking for things to see or avoid. Travelled around Montana two years ago so quite comfortable driving distances but would like some time out of the hire car!
    Thanks in advance - willing to reciprocate for anyone travelling to Scotland.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    It has been a while since I visited Maine. It's a beautiful state with a lot of stunning scenery. I mostly rode through it on a motorbike and stayed near Bar Harbor which is a great little town. Acadia National Park is worth a visit. The view from Cadillac mountain is awesome on a clear day.

Nearby states New Hampshire and Vermont are beautiful as well. It all depends on how much time you have and things you enjoy. Not sure if the fall colors will already start to show in October but it will be a great experience if you can time your vacation with that.

View from Cadillac Mountain in 2005 while was touring on the region.

https://nordwulf.wordpress.com/2005/...st-usa-part-1/

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by nordwulf View Post
    It has been a while since I visited Maine. It's a beautiful state with a lot of stunning scenery. I mostly rode through it on a motorbike and stayed near Bar Harbor which is a great little town. Acadia National Park is worth a visit. The view from Cadillac mountain is awesome on a clear day.

Nearby states New Hampshire and Vermont are beautiful as well. It all depends on how much time you have and things you enjoy. Not sure if the fall colors will already start to show in October but it will be a great experience if you can time your vacation with that.

View from Cadillac Mountain in 2005 while was touring on the region.

https://nordwulf.wordpress.com/2005/...st-usa-part-1/

WOW - what a trip. Thanks for sharing. Not intending to go into Canada this time but thinking about getting as far as Lubec - have been to Lubeck before!

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    I've only been to Maine once. I saw the outside of Cold Brook Saab in Skowhegan. The building is now Cold Brook Mitsubishi. I also had a lobster near York, Maine. I also saw Colby College and the town of China, Maine.

I don't recommend a visit to China, Maine. Absolutely nothing to see there. There is a highway sign reading "China, Maine".

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I've only been to Maine once. I saw the outside of Cold Brook Saab in Skowhegan. The building is now Cold Brook Mitsubishi. I also had a lobster near York, Maine. I also saw Colby College and the town of China, Maine.

I don't recommend a visit to China, Maine. Absolutely nothing to see there. There is a highway sign reading "China, Maine".
    Appreciated - don't want to fly 3000 miles to visit China (not just now anyway!)