Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2008 9-3

Knocking noise in front wheel

Hi guys I own an 5 speed automatic 2008 9-3. Yesterday I replaced the front right wheel hub due to a broken wheel speed sensor. In the process of removing the hub from the cv axle the cv axle itself popped out of place and I had to put it back into the socket when putting everything back together. Furthermore the head of the bolt that holds the rotor in place to the hub was completely shot and was just in the old hub along with this when removing the caliper and brake pads I noticed uneven wear in the brake pads where it looks like the top of the pads are still the original size of the pad and the rest is worn from braking. After putting everything back together and leaving the garage I noticed a knocking and somewhat grinding noise when driving. It sounds like it’s skipping and only hitting a couple points when the wheel rotates.
    Any and all information is much appreciated.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2012 Saab 9-3
    Quote Originally Posted by ExZackto9-3 View Post
    Hi guys I own an 5 speed automatic 2008 9-3. Yesterday I replaced the front right wheel hub due to a broken wheel speed sensor. In the process of removing the hub from the cv axle the cv axle itself popped out of place and I had to put it back into the socket when putting everything back together. Furthermore the head of the bolt that holds the rotor in place to the hub was completely shot and was just in the old hub along with this when removing the caliper and brake pads I noticed uneven wear in the brake pads where it looks like the top of the pads are still the original size of the pad and the rest is worn from braking. After putting everything back together and leaving the garage I noticed a knocking and somewhat grinding noise when driving. If your car has ticking noise in engine when idle, visit AutoGuysLand to find out the issue and solution. It sounds like it’s skipping and only hitting a couple points when the wheel rotates.
    Any and all information is much appreciated.
    You can try to check if there is the losing power steering fluid or is also possible worn bush.