Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    9-5

2008 93

2008 93 starts up fine when revs go up to move just does not want to go it,s an auto been ok always then this just started to happen,any ideas will be gratefully received

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by coxie View Post
    2008 93 starts up fine when revs go up to move just does not want to go it,s an auto been ok always then this just started to happen,any ideas will be gratefully received
    This is such an inconvenient job even for a contortionist, that it motivated me to purchase the hoist I had been thinking about for years and as much as I hate to tell you this, you should start by checking your tranny fluid.

Saab(s)
    9-5

saab 93

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    This is such an inconvenient job even for a contortionist, that it motivated me to purchase the hoist I had been thinking about for years and as much as I hate to tell you this, you should start by checking your tranny fluid.
    Hi Digger done the usual things ,does not feel like the clutch as the revs just drop off,is there a pressure valve or sensor that could cause this cheers many thanks coxie

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Am a bit confused by your posts, first post "revs go up to move just does not want to go", second post "does not feel like the clutch as the revs just drop".

The auto tranny is electronically controlled and along with sensors and valves it also has a computer that can fail or forget. The tranny computer is Saab specific and though it's a one in a million shot, having trouble getting a battery cable fastened can give you voltage spikes in the right sequence to put the computer into learn mode; when that happens you can get any sort of tranny problem.

The tranny itself is used in millions of cars all around the world and youtube is filled with vids on how to fix the normal tranny problems, but to find these you do need to be able to describe the problem in detail. When you bring your car to a service center, this kind of detail usually involves several minutes of question and answer conversation followed by a test drive or diagnostic testing.

In about a dozen words you have described two different problems
    and we could spend days writing to get nowhere. If your fluid is good its time to pull power-train codes.

Saab(s)
    9-5
    Many thanks Digger will look at it in more detail and go through one at a time ,cheers Dave