Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2002 9-3 SE Convertible

So frustrated.....

I have a 2002 9-3 SE Convertible....

I can get the top open.....and mostly closed. At the end of the process, the rear window lifts up in order for the soft top compartment to close. The compartment closes but the rear window sticks in the up/open position. I can hear the motor still working as I press the button for closure, but nothing happens. It takes two people to close and secure the rear window. One person to push the button and another to gently assist the rear window in closing 100%. And by gentle I mean, very very little force. Honestly a toddler could do it.

What the heck can I do to fix this and does anyone else have/had this problem????

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Before you panic and start spending money, check the fluid level. You do have an 18 year old car and you could be a little low.

Saab(s)
    2002 9-3 SE Convertible
    I’ve looked in my owners manual and the Haynes workshop manual. Neither tell me where the hydraulic fluid is. I did see a YouTube video and the guy was taking out the backseat and removing the side panel on the drivers side. Is that where I and check it and fill it?

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllMine View Post
    I’ve looked in my owners manual and the Haynes workshop manual. Neither tell me where the hydraulic fluid is. I did see a YouTube video and the guy was taking out the backseat and removing the side panel on the drivers side. Is that where I and check it and fill it?
    The Haynes is good for general information. Go to the first sticky of the Tech Talk section and download the WIS, that is the Saab specific workshop manual.