Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    9-3 2006 Cerulean Vert

9-3 Convertible 1.8t Vector Cerulean Ltd Edition

Hi All,

Newbie alert so sorry if this is a silly question.....

I have just acquired my 9-3 convertible which I'm loving however I really do need a hands free kit in the car.... So here goes a few questions.

In the car is the standard ICM1 radio, and I want to install a Parrot MKI 9200 as I have one sat under my desk. I was told all I need was a kit from JustCarkits called a Saab13tel lead and it should be a simple job, however someone has also said that the Cerulean Limited Edition had "fiberoptic cables" in there so it couldn't be done..... Is this true? or are they just talking nonsense?

Ive also read that providing the lead from Just Car Kits is correct then the plug that I need to locate and slot into is located behind the passenger side panel of the centre console...... How do I get in there? I had a quick look in the rain but it wasn't immediately obvious to me.

Any Help will be gratefully appreciated.

Andi.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by Andihowe1975 View Post
    Hi All,

Newbie alert so sorry if this is a silly question.....

I have just acquired my 9-3 convertible which I'm loving however I really do need a hands free kit in the car.... So here goes a few questions.

however someone has also said that the Cerulean Limited Edition had "fiberoptic cables" in there so it couldn't be done..... Is this true? or are they just talking nonsense?

Any Help will be gratefully appreciated.

Andi.
    Your best bet for reliable working hands free in the 03 to 06 Saab 9-3 is a blue tooth ear bud.

GM didn't let Saab complete what they started and on my side of the pond you just about need to rewire the entire car to use the built in hands free mic. On your side of the pond they did have hands free as a working factory installed cell phone option and if your car got that option installed, you can easily add hands free, if you can find the factory plug in accessory parts.