Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2000 9-5 Aero Wagon, 2006 Saab 9-3 SportCombi Aero

Climate Control Issues - 2000 Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon

Hello,I'm having issues with the Climate Control. Pretty sure it's the entire control unit so I'm headed to the junkyard tomorrow to see if I can find a replacement. In the interim, I thought I'd check in with you experts to see if there may be something I'm missing. I usually just leave it on Auto and adjust the temp or the fan speed. My wife does something similar-ish and she's been driving it the last month. This morning there is nothing lighting up or functioning with the unit. I popped it out and replaced it a few times to see if something was loose. I did so both with and without the battery connected. No change. I hooked up my Tech 2 to run a diagnostic and the only thing that popped up was that the Climate Control Module was missing from the BUS. I ran it a few times. Anyhow, I'm at a loss. Is there anything, besides the Control Unit that I should be looking at?Thanks in advance for any advice.Bryan

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    OK. So, I replaced the Automatic Climate Control module with a used one (of course, no idea if it is good or not) checked the A/C fuse and relay under the hood. Checked with Tech2 and still get a message that the
    Automatic Climate Control module is missing from the BUS. Jumping around further, I find a message to 'See fault tracing for faults. Symptom, One or more bus systems cannot be contacted.'. I'm assuming I need to look in the WIS (I'm not sure I have it installed on my home laptop....) Any input greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bryan

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Looked through the WIS. Not that I'm particularly adept with it, but I couldn't find anything regarding fault tracing got BUS components, specifically the ACC system module. Still looking for any ideas. Thanks again, Bryan

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Update - Solved. Looking through the WIS I found the grounding point / crimp for the ACC module. It's located behind the SID & Stereo. It can be accessed through the SID slot. There was a shoddy ground at the post and the nut was loose. Tightened it up and I'm back in business. A/C, etc. all seem to be functioning now.