Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    19 Oct 2020
    Location
    middlesbrough uk
    Posts
    5
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2011
    Thumbs Up:   0

    cigarette lighter socket between the front seats

    The socket in the cubby between the front seats is dead is there a specfic fuse for the socket any guidance appreciated.
    nice to be back with a Saab car after a ten year gap.

    Dave Greaves

    0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Saab Nut
    Join Date
    10 Apr 2017
    Location
    Denham, England
    Posts
    470
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    Thumbs Up:   66
    Quote Originally Posted by dgreaves View Post
    The socket in the cubby between the front seats is dead is there a specfic fuse for the socket any guidance appreciated.
    nice to be back with a Saab car after a ten year gap.

    Dave Greaves

    You thought this was going to be simple didn't you? The handbook suggests that fuse 25 in the under bonnet fuse box is involved. However, fuse 7 in the instrument panel fuse box is also annotated power outlet.

    WIS has the following for the under bonnet fuse box.
    25
    30A
    Power outlets, Accessory AC/DC Power control module
    and this for the instrument panel fuse box
    7
    20A
    Power outlet, centre glove box

    Try fuse 7 first.

    I have posted the full fuse chart but I can't actually remember where it is.

    There is some additional information here


    http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?...ectrical+power

    It appears that I haven't posted the full fuse chart but if you want more I can do that.

    0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    19 Oct 2020
    Location
    middlesbrough uk
    Posts
    5
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2011
    Thumbs Up:   0
    GeoffR

    many thanks your kind advice I checked fuse 7 and all was intact however 25 is missing and shining my lamp into the empty socket showed no connections or any sign of there ever been any. I needed the socket to power up my Garmin though I realised I could use the nearby usb but too low output to be of any use.

    Dave Greaves

    0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Saab Nut
    Join Date
    10 Apr 2017
    Location
    Denham, England
    Posts
    470
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    Thumbs Up:   66
    Quote Originally Posted by dgreaves View Post
    GeoffR

    many thanks your kind advice I checked fuse 7 and all was intact however 25 is missing and shining my lamp into the empty socket showed no connections or any sign of there ever been any. I needed the socket to power up my Garmin though I realised I could use the nearby usb but too low output to be of any use.

    Dave Greaves
    I have two, one by the cup holder and a second one under the arm rest. There is also one in the boot, I recall having to replace a fuse but not which one. I’ll have another look tomorrow.

    0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    19 Oct 2020
    Location
    middlesbrough uk
    Posts
    5
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2011
    Thumbs Up:   0
    GeoffR I've found the one under the armrest works fine so does the one in the rear I'm thinking maybe the one by the cup holder has never been connected from new,Swedish
    ant-smoking lobby ??
    Dave Greaves

    0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Saab Nut
    Join Date
    10 Apr 2017
    Location
    Denham, England
    Posts
    470
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    Thumbs Up:   66
    Quote Originally Posted by dgreaves View Post
    GeoffR I've found the one under the armrest works fine so does the one in the rear I'm thinking maybe the one by the cup holder has never been connected from new,Swedish
    anti-smoking lobby ??
    Dave Greaves
    Glad you have found that one. There is a separate fuse for the cigar lighter, it isn't in the hand book, try fuse 6 in the instrument panel distribution panel. The one in the boot is fuse 26 on the same panel.

    0 Not allowed!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Cigarette lighter socket
    By Pandorasbox9 in forum Saab 9-5 (1998-2009)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24 November 2019, 23:27
  2. Cigarette Lighter Stopped working .
    By Nauticaa in forum Saab 9-5 (2010-2012)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 14 September 2017, 22:11
  3. Ventilated front seats
    By greenie 00 9 5 kombi in forum Saab 9-5 (1998-2009)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15 July 2017, 18:05
  4. What size bulb for cigarette lighter?
    By josemateos in forum Saab 9-5 (1998-2009)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20 September 2016, 17:22
  5. Will 9-5 front seats swap directly into my 900?
    By Foreign Object in forum Saab 900 (1979-1994)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10 October 2013, 23:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:43.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All rights reserved.