Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi

ECU Question

My 09 has had a failed ECU. I got a rebuilt unit after sending in the original. I was told it could not be repaired.
    myquestion is: If I find a used unit in a junk yard from the same year and model will it be plug and play?

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Sounds familiar. Hope you didn't use the same Florida based re-builder that I did. Had to to brief wire, mail and bank fraud in US Attorney indictment format and turn them over to the FBI before I got their bogus service charges credited to my card.

Model not important as same year and printed numbers label on ECU, then its close, though not exactly plug and play. ECU doesn't need to be divorced from donor car, but it does need to be married to your car and that means Tech 2 with TIS on a PC for programming access.

Saab(s)
    2007 9-3 2.0T
    My service sent mine off to be rebuilt, when it came back they told me it only needed a software reload, as the s/w was corrupted. Does that sound right?

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by KiltedSaab View Post
    "Does that sound right?"
    Sounds good to me. From my reading, the last TIS update came with a nasty little instruction code that prevents service personnel from writing over the same level of software and way to many T8's have been tossed because the Tech2 with TIS isn't enough to restore a computer corrupted software.