Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Denis Kenshalo
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 Aero

Battier not dead but wont start without a jump

I have a 2006 Saab 9-3 turbo. My problem is that some times but only about 3 times a year I will go somewhere turn my car off then when I come back to the car it acts like the battier is dead but it isn't I had it checked and it has a full charge then I jumped it and it starts then I drove it to the place that I bought the battier told them what trouble I was having they checked the battier and there is nothing wrong with it....This has happened a few time a year and it always the same thing wont start acts like a dead battier jump it it starts ...So does any body have any idea what could be wrong.?

This car also eats battier's about every four years the battier goes dead I have it checked and it has a dead cell I get another a new one and about four years the same thing dead cell. so I buy battier's with a four year warranty. But that only last the first four years then the next time I will pay full price then when this battier goes dead I can use the warranty for another one. So any ideas why this car eats them up...?

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    Four years is actually about right for a battery depending on how the car is used.

Assuming the battery you have is relatively new there are a few things you can try.

Disconnect the battery, both terminals, and clean the terminal posts and inside the clamps back to bare metal. Reassemble the connections without anything between the clamps and terminal posts. Use the correct torque setting for the terminal clamp bolts.

Trace the negative cable and disconnect the end that connects to the car body. Ensure that the terminal on the cable and the ground point are spotlessly clean then reconnect using the correct torque. If you don't know the correct torque you can either download WIS (Windows only) or visit WIS on-line.

If there is a sensor around the negative cable check that any connectors are clean and secure.
    Remember disconnect the negative lead first and reconnect it last.