Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    03 Saab 9-3T

Angry Not your average radio problem

Hey guys,
    Long time lurker, first time poster.

Vehicle- 2003 Saab 9-3T Arc

The problem - My radio will randomly cut out (just static) or will occasionally just not switch stations. When I attempt to change the station the upper screen shows the station change but the broadcast remains the same. Also when the radio goes static sometimes merely switching to the station again will cause it to work but is completely hit or miss. All of this happens completely randomly as well.

The car already has the loop for the driver side seat amp and I already replaced the radio unit thinking that was the problem but it didn't help. Prior to the problems with the station not changing I thought maybe there was a problem with the antenna but I don't see how that would cause the station to not change. I'm not sure if there's an additional component to the sound system that would cause this or what i'm missing.
    It also worth noting that my upper screen is showing the wrong outside temperature so there's clearly some kind of problem there but I don't know if that's relevant to my radio problems.

I've searched around and cant seem to find anyone that has had this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help or insight you guys can offer. Also this is my third Saab and over the years this forum has been incredibly helpful with the various problems have encountered so thanks to everyone on here!

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Your radio isn't just a radio and without knowing which irritating infotainment component you have stuck in your dash, the loop at the under seat amp is the easiest place to start. The CAN is a fiber and copper data network and the radio buttons only request a computer aided action so the fiber ends that got looped need to be straight on touching close or you can create screwy data errors.