Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2006 95 sedan

2006 95 sedan shuddering low speed

Hi all, I have a really nice saab that has had the following repairs: New fuel pump......changed from the back seat!........New front half shafts......New power steering high pressure line.

When driving At say 30mph idling down to a stop the car sometimes shudders a little like a bad down shift. Am I looking at a transmission problem ahead? I do not think this is a ignition problem! On the open road no sweat what so ever. A really great car! But like everything mechanical......eventually things wear and fail.

Any one versed on this one?

One last thing on the fuel pump change. I had to elongate the round inspection cover hole by 2.5" toward the trunk and had to cut a narrow trough toward the passenger door about 12" long to get the lines out with the pump. Other than adding new sheet material onto the slot and the elongated hole repair the change was a snap! I riveted the new material in and caulked with elastomer that never hardens stiff. A very good repair.

Bud

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by budmann View Post
    One last thing on the fuel pump change. I had to elongate the round inspection cover hole by 2.5" toward the trunk and had to cut a narrow trough toward the passenger door about 12" long to get the lines out with the pump. Other than adding new sheet material onto the slot and the elongated hole repair the change was a snap! I riveted the new material in and caulked with elastomer that never hardens stiff. A very good repair.

Bud
    May I strongly suggest that you replace your riveted repair with a welded one. I am well aware that riveted structures are very strong but, unless you have wet assembled the repair and used steel rivets you may have set up the conditions for galvanic corrosion in an area where corrosion will be most unwelcome. I don't know the regulations where you are but in the UK your repair would fail the annual MOT (Ministry or Transport) test.