Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 Aero

Hello From Namibia.

Hello to everyone, from the group.

After a couple of years of trying to get a Saab, I finally managed to get my hands on a 2001 Saab 9-5 Aero with the B205E engine.

A quick background on Saabs in our country, there are currently only 5 (From which data i could get) that has been registered in our country, so my goal, is to put the Saab, back onto the road and have fun with it.

Im relatively new to Saab, I have been driving and fixing mostly Opel for the past 8 years now, I have a 1995 Opel Kadett Mk3 (Opel Astra Kadett F)

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Hello and welcome!

It must be even more of a challenge to find parts when there is such a small number of Saabs in your country. Dave T wrote an article about Saabs in Africa and it wasn't really a big market for them. It seems most of them were sold in South Africa.
    http://saabworld.net/wp/used-saabs-africa/

Did you find this Saab 9-5 in Namibia? It appears it would not be an obvious choice to look for a car like that so it sounds like you have some previous history with the brand and cars?

I learned how to drive in a late 80s Opel Kadett and drove a mid 90s Kadett Combo van for work for a few years. Always will have a special place in my driving history.

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    I am impressed with the new Saab owner! Saab #6 in Namibia.

I have never been to Namibia. If I could visit 3 countries in Africa, one would be Namibia. I have only been to one country in North Africa.