Hey folks, hoping someone can help...
My v6 9-3 started making noise the other day, think I've traced it to the belt tensioner pulley. I cannot find video or written instructions on replacing one on a 2.8 anywhere! Unfortunately I believe its very different from the 2.0. I think its just the pulley, the tensioner spring still feels pretty stiff. I couldn't find a good part number for availability of the pulley alone, but the whole tensioner is readily available at any parts store (probably fits gm applications as well), so opted to just replace the whole thing.
Removed the engine mount, air box etc to get acces through the passenger wheel well as well as from above. I'm down to the last of the three bolts that hold it on and cannot figure how to get it out without removing what I believe is the water pump. The edge of the wp pulley is overlapping the head of the last bolt holding the tensioner on.Surly there must be a way to remove it without removing more components. If anyone can tell me what I'm missing I'd surly owe you one!!