Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2000 Saab 9-3 Base Auto

2000 9-3 Smoking a lot! Oil burning, but whats the cause?!

Hello everyone, I am new here. I used to own a 86 9000 turbo but I recently picked up a 2000 9-3 Base 4dr auto because the turbo was expected to be bad, in my mind it was an easy fix. The car is very clean with what looks to be good maintenance records.

When starting the car, it takes about 20-30 seconds before it starts smoking and it progressively gets worse (to the point where it starts smoking out my neighborhood). Please note that it is blue smoke, so oil is being burnt. The turbocharger is a Stigen GT1752s and I took it off and disassembled it expecting a turbo seal to be bad, but to my surprise it is as clean as whistle and it looks fairly new with zero shaft play. (no oil is inside the charge pipes, but there was a small oil "puddle" in the intake pipe to the turbo). I took off the pipe to the throttle body to inspect inside, and when i opened the TB valve I noticed a large pool of oil at the bottom of the intake plenum. With my knowledge lacking in this model of saab I then expected the PCV to have been bad, but then I realized it was already updated to PCV #6 but unsure when it was converted. I pulled the spark plugs and all of them only had a slight film of oil on them, the pistons also looked oily of course. I can't imagine valve stem seals being the issue either but could definitely be wrong. I pulled off the valve cover and everything looked pretty clean, but the two pipes by the ventilation seem to be clogged OR my wire brush was too stiff to bend around the little curve. I did try spraying brake clean through them but it did not go through.

Could the updated PCV have failed and is it letting that much oil into the cylinders? Am I missing something here?

Saab(s)
    2000 Saab 9-3 Base Auto
    Update: I rebuilt the turbo because I already had it out, replaced the check valve, and even cleaned out the two breather pipes on the valve cover. After driving it for about 10 minutes, the smoking stopped. then on the way home, after one sharp turn to the right it started smoking again but I parked it after that. What are the possibilities of old oil just getting moved around inside the intake and continuing to burn off for awhile?