Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD
    Since we are all indeed orphans (especially guys like me and Frank who have 2010,2011 or 2012 cars) This thread is an extremely important one. I have been conversing with three indy mechanics two in my area of NY and one in North Carolina. I left a review about the place down south called The Swedish Garage on their testimonial page. The place was clean enough to eat offf of the floor! Brought the 9-3 in this past summer when I heard a noise and was treated like royalty. No charge because all he found was a small little pebble. Next place is Hoffman Foreign Service, based in North New Jersey, Eric the owner and I have texted each other and it seems he will be there for his customers. Last is Swedish Connection in Bergenfield, NJ. Joe the owner is a GREAT guy, (he's from The Bronx like me!) very cool guy with competitive pricing. Another clean shop and he truly loves SAAB's! He sells them as well, but is talking about getting out of the used car business. There you go, three that I know of!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ----John Lennon

Hello Yarvis, thanks for info. I live in Linden, Nj. Do you think any of these mechanics could troubleshoot over text or phone. My 2004 9-3 Linear does not start. Went to pick up my girls from the park and went to leave and the car didn't start. Usually when putting the key in it would click. It didn't do that anymore. It still has power but would not turn over. Any suggestions. Thanks

Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD
    Quote Originally Posted by Melody Pringle View Post
    Hello Yarvis, thanks for info. I live in Linden, Nj. Do you think any of these mechanics could troubleshoot over text or phone. My 2004 9-3 Linear does not start. Went to pick up my girls from the park and went to leave and the car didn't start. Usually when putting the key in it would click. It didn't do that anymore. It still has power but would not turn over. Any suggestions. Thanks
    Melody:
    Unfortunately I don't think any competant mechanic would be able to diagnose a problem over text or phone. Eric is quick to text back, but again, looks like you might have to make arrangements to bring her in. But having a 2010 9-3 when I did, the battery in my car ONLY lasted 2 or 3 years!!!! I had all type of issues when it went bad. How old is yours? If its real old or you don't know, maybe you should start there? Good luck.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ----John Lennon

Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD
    No place in Massachusetts?

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 ARC 2.3T wagon
    Sovereign Automotive Inc
    5015 Old Ellis Point,
    Roswell, GA 30076
    (770) 569-4646
    www.sovereign-automotive.com

on west side of Rte 400, noot far from North Point Shopping Mall, near the big UPS terminal.

Recommended to me by a salvage yard, English-Swedish Spares, 345 Branch Dr, Alpharetta, GA 30004, (770) 475-2662 [ English Swedish Spares in Alpharetta, GA is your go-to provider for English and Swedish spare parts. ]

First time I pulled into the Sovereign parking area I said to the car, " look at all your cousins ! ! ". (which I meant in a good way - here's a place that knows what they're doing - Saabs - all day, everyday)

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    07 9-3, 06 9-5
    Automedic LI in Long Island, New York. Saab master tech, only Saabs. Has tech2 and repairs everything, super reasonable. Call 516-244-3277

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    99 SAAB 9-5 B235E M/T
    Any Indy mechanics in Jacksonville, FL?

Saab(s)
    '87 900, '88 9000S, '92 9000T, '92 900S, '95 900S, '00 9-3
    Hi Peter Robson, I was referred to you by an extremely satisfied customer (Patrick S.). I have a 2000 9-3, 115K miles and am wondering what to do with it. Currently, just had the coil pack and plugs replace, and passed NYS Insp and running well. The current issue is an oil leak that is hitting something hot and smelling up the cabin. Suspect valve cover, but current mechanic seems unable to find or deal with? It is sizeable, quart every 1K miles? Thanks, Kim