Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1985 Saab 900 SPG
    According to the Bentley manual if the Oxygen sensor voltage isn't fluctuating around the middle of its operating range (.5 volts) then you have to adjust the AMM screw until you get 380 ohms between terminals 3 and 6 of the AMM. If your having issues with the car running right at different temperatures check the output of the coolant temperature sensor. In the bentley manual there is a list of resistance values the CLT sensor should be at different temperatures.

I haven't gotten too scientific with the tuning. I have a wideband oxygen sensor and I experiment until I hit the AFR that I desire. I would like to learn more so I will probably start experimenting with the AMM, CO meters, and measuring pulse widths soon. I haven't really messed with the idle at all, I just set the idle speed to 1000 rpm so that it won't stall when the fans click on, and left it at that. I am definitely still learning as you are but it would be good to share notes.

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    '90 900 LPT with a flat-nose conversion
    I've been lurking the Volvo boards, and came up with this thread describing how to make a bigger (read: freer-flowing) AMM work with LH 2.2. I also found this thread, showing how to make adjustments to the LH 2.2 Air Mass Meter on a Volvo. Who knows how different it is on a SAAB, but it's a start.

I've jumped through all the requisite hoops regarding coolant temperature sensor, etc. Haven't found a thing wrong. And I did the Bentley's version of oxygen sensor adjustment, but I've moved the screw to an _extremely high_ resistance to get the oxygen sensor to cycle, so I think I could get more information by finding a way to attach a dwell meter to measure the lambda pulse. I know there's something fairly wrong somewhere, but the tests keep leading me in circles.
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1985 Saab 900 SPG
    I will have to read more about the volvo AMM.

If I were you I would get a spare AMM and ECU at the junkyard. They are great spares to have around especially while tuning, and if your AMM or Eprom turns out to be bad, they might actually solve your problem.

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    I have put a few different AMMs into my car. No difference. Never tried a new ECU, so maybe I'll do that. Then I can look at my old Eprom and see if it's got some wonky bin file for some reason. I tell ya, I've been up every tree but the ECU itself, a NEW AMM, and the elusive Lambda Test Pulse Ratio business.

As for the Volvo AMM, you will likely have to remap the ECU for this. I know I've heard stories about SAABers putting in Volvo AMMs and having their cars run funny/rich. I'd be inclined to think you could correct this with Ragnar's editor though! Think of that--a Volvo Big-AMM + 34lb injectors. You'd really be cooking with gas then!
    Last edited by euromobile900; 15 December 2010 at 05:03.
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1985 Saab 900 SPG
    What number ecu do you have? I can see if I have any bin files for a stock 86 non turbo.

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    I have the 93 91 140 ECU, Bosch number ending in -514.

Thanks!

I'll be impressed if you can find one. Nobody cares about the li'l old N/A. I searched ECU Project and a few other sites and found _nothing_ in the way of .bin files for N/A cars.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1985 Saab 900 SPG
    I have one. I had trouble uploading the Bin file so I added .txt to the file name. You will have to remove the .txt part of the file name in order for it to work.
    86-87 900 NA LH 2.2 #514.BIN.txt

My first 2 Saabs were 86 and 88 non turbos.

This ecu had a Bosch #0 280 000 514 and a Saab number 75 25 140
    Last edited by RS68; 16 December 2010 at 00:48.

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    Sweet!! I'll contact Wulf (our benevolent administrator) and he can likely make .bins go through the forum attachment system. He should be able to iron that out with some coding

Time to fire up the olde WhiteBox!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1988 C900 T16
    Where are you guys on this project? I'm starting down this path myself...

Saab(s)
    1988' 900 T16 Auto
    I have a 88 ( LH 2.2 ) 900 turbo automatic, and i would like to see how this goes! Please continue! I wouldn't mind tweaking the chip for my ECU.