Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    none
    I can't find the specification on the stock FPR for the 86-88 900 that uses the 514 ECU and 005 MAF.

I need to determine the % difference in flow from Saab stock (19lb @ 2.5 or 3 bar?) - the 15.8lb injectors I'm using are rated at 3bar.

Assuming the pressure is the same, I need to make a 16.75% adjustment to the fuel map. Also assuming I need to raise the values to lean the map?

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    '90 900 LPT with a flat-nose conversion
    The 514 car was non-turbo, so should be a 3 bar. That's what my LH spec components sheet says anyway!

Check your email inbox. I sent you a PDF of a sheet with all the LH 2.2 component part numbers and setups for the classic 900 and 9000 cars. It should help you in matching components.

As for raising or lowering the values, I think enrichment would be raising the Kennfellt values and leaning would be lowering them? I could be wrong, but that just seems intuitive from the maps I've seen. I don't know how the "control constant" or any of the accel/full-load enrichments work, but I would think you'd be able to figure this out by looking at several different maps with different specs (using that spec sheet I sent you might help here) to see how the values compare. The nice thing is that all the LH 2.2 Saab engine displacements are the same, so the only real variables are the components, which you have specs on.

Also, what non-cross-flow engine is that? This project looks insanely cool. The amount of effort put in, tig welding and chip programming and all, seems amazing. I want to do this to a Citroen 2cv engine one day, probably with Megasquirt though.
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by euromobile900 View Post
    The 514 car was non-turbo, so should be a 3 bar. That's what my LH spec components sheet says anyway!

Check your email inbox. I sent you a PDF of a sheet with all the LH 2.2 component part numbers and setups for the classic 900 and 9000 cars. It should help you in matching components.

As for raising or lowering the values, I think enrichment would be raising the Kennfellt values and leaning would be lowering them? I could be wrong, but that just seems intuitive from the maps I've seen. I don't know how the "control constant" or any of the accel/full-load enrichments work, but I would think you'd be able to figure this out by looking at several different maps with different specs (using that spec sheet I sent you might help here) to see how the values compare. The nice thing is that all the LH 2.2 Saab engine displacements are the same, so the only real variables are the components, which you have specs on.

Also, what non-cross-flow engine is that? This project looks insanely cool. The amount of effort put in, tig welding and chip programming and all, seems amazing. I want to do this to a Citroen 2cv engine one day, probably with Megasquirt though.
    Thanks, Sam.

I'm basing the map settings on the (in bold) statement on Eddy's post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    I opened up a stock fuel map and Raul's fuel map for 34lb injectors and compared the two. I calculated the diference for each value between the stock map and Raul's map. I divided that by 13. The stock injectors are 21lb injectors: 34 - 21 = 13. This gave me the per lb difference in Raul's map. I then multiplied that number by two and added it to Raul's number. Why add back? The lower the injector flow rate, the higher the number of cycles needed. Doing this for each value gave me a starting place for a 32lb injector fuel map. I am still putting my engine back together, but once I begin testing I'll be sure to post back my findings.
    Looking at the two maps he posted, the larger injector map has lower values. What I don't understand is the calculation he used - and why multiply the difference?

The engine is from my Fiat X1/9 - stroked to 1600cc, big valve head from a Fiat Punto.

Had to deshroud the valves, and combustion chamber (to drop compression to 10.7:1 - US stock is around 9:1!), and have the piston valve reliefs enlarged to get valve/piston clearance.

I also converted the drive system from V-belt to Serpentine - had to fabricate a few brackets & figure out what pulleys I could make work - some Volvo parts, Saab idlers, Toyota WP pulley...

My second car as a teenager (in England) was a late '60's Citroen 2CV Ex-Belgian Post Office van - complete with crest on the side panels

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    none
    Looking at the wiring I found for the Saab...

Compared to the Volvo version..

Wondering where Pin 4 and Pin 24 on the Saab setup receive their signals from - trying to determine their purpose.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    none
    Wiring harness mostly complete - have to add the injector feeds

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    none
    Modified the stock runners instead - the custom required too many angle alignments at the same time to fit - I found that the runner / plenum flanges are also offset in two planes.

55mm on center per pair, 135mm between pairs.

Honda fuel rail will need three out of four ports drilled. Going to weld an AN06 bung for the fuel line. Using 98 V70 FPR in pod - so only regulated pressure to rail, and return safer/simplified as a result.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    none
    Harness finished & checked on motor

finally had good enough weather to get out & work in the garage, so harness is in installed in car.

now it's just a small matter of getting the drivetrain reinstalled.... then I need to tweak the fuel map for the smaller displacement/reduced flow...

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by lookforjoe View Post

Board socket

I'm hoping someone on here has a 514 ECU - or pic of the correct chip orientation relative to the socket - I realized I never took a pic before I removed the chip, and it's now been long enough that I can't remember...

Saab(s)
    87 SPG
    This is really interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing updates. I saw mention of Raul in earlier posts. Is he a member on this forum? I enjoyed his banter over at TSL years ago.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    none
    I don't know Raul, perhaps another does.

I found this pic, which helps with the chip orientation

Finally have a partial driveway to work on the Fiat in - the town is doing a major drainage/street project in our neighborhood - they won't actually finish until sometime next year