Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

Vintage 1960 SAAB 93F race car for sale

Vintage 1960 SAAB 93F race car was formally owned by Craig Disney and Jon Ewing. Car has extensive racing history. It was raced at many SVRA and Central Florida SCCA vintage events. These events include Watkins Glen, Daytona, Sebring, Virginia International Raceway, Hershey Vintage Hillclimb, and Weatherly Hillclimb with the Pennsylvania Hillclimb Association. Car carries 2 log books, one is from the SCCA, and the second is from the SVRA. Legal roll bar is stamped accordingly.

This turnkey race car is in running condition with the exception of needing current dated seat belts and fresh tires. The yellow race car includes the following:

• 2 stroke, 850 cc "mixer" motor
    • new clutch
    • Pertronix ignition
    • front disc brakes
    • custom fabricated roll bar to vintage specifications with driver's side bar
    • alloy wheels with correct lug bolts
    • 8 gallon racing fuel cell
    • upgraded cooling system with alloy cross-flow radiator and electric cooling fan
    • proper marine battery box with required master battery cut-off switch
    • number circles are on the car awaiting your personal number to be applied.

This attractive eye-catching car is guaranteed to attract spectators and photographer's attention at every outing. There are few SAAB 93F cars in racing trim, this is one of only 3 in race ready condition in North America.

http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars...3F_119908892_1

Name:  5E0AA12E-BFEA-4CCB-A96D-5BB1D584E0F1_1.jpg
Views: 3425
Size:  45.2 KB

Name:  55EBBDAC-4E89-4557-90AB-C4C86AAF295B_3.jpg
Views: 2681
Size:  47.3 KB

Name:  55EBBDAC-4E89-4557-90AB-C4C86AAF295B_5.jpg
Views: 2551
Size:  43.6 KB

Name:  55EBBDAC-4E89-4557-90AB-C4C86AAF295B_6.jpg
Views: 2700
Size:  62.2 KB

Name:  55EBBDAC-4E89-4557-90AB-C4C86AAF295B_7.jpg
Views: 2563
Size:  46.6 KB

Name:  55EBBDAC-4E89-4557-90AB-C4C86AAF295B_2.jpg
Views: 2692
Size:  47.5 KB

Name:  55EBBDAC-4E89-4557-90AB-C4C86AAF295B_4.jpg
Views: 3158
Size:  44.6 KB

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    This car is listed on eBay again: Saab : Other Racing in Saab | eBay Motors

Information from eBay:

BUYER PLEASE NOTE: This car is a RACE CAR, not a STREET CAR. There is NO title for this car. Titles are available through title services. Therefore, it would be your responsibility to obtain a title if your desire is to have this car as a street car. We are mentioning this because several folks have asked the question. However, the vehicle does have a legitimate VIN#.
    Back to the fun! Gas is expensive, go racing without spending a bundle on race fuel! This 3 cylinder, 2-stroke race car can make it happen!

This rare bright yellow 1960 SAAB 93F vintage 2-stroke was originally built by Craig Disney and Randy Cook. Car was built for Craig to drive and compete with Randy in Central Florida Region Vintage SCCA events.

During construction the car was fitted with fuel cell, master battery cut-off switch, roll-bar with added driver's side bar (roll-bar is stamped with SCCA Central Florida Region ID#, as noted in the SCCA logbook), front disc brakes, dual master cylinder, 5 point racing harness, SAAB Sonett driver's seat and steering wheel, and outfitted with 4 speed transmission and type 3 rear drum brakes. Car was also lowered during this period.

Later updates done by Craig were the addition of the VW Scirrocco cross-flow radiator, electric cooling fan, Pertronix ignition with Accel supercoil and VW Super Beetle brake master cylinder.

Present reconstruction of the car includes installation of 850 cc premix engine, new clutch disc, refinishing of hood, roof, trunk lid, right rear fender, and left front fender with acrylic enamel paint, and 4 new white vinyl blank number circles.

I welcome any questions about the car. I currently possess too many vintage SAAB race and street cars! One of the SAAB race cars I own and personally race is an orange 1960 SAAB 93F #251, which I have road raced at Watkins Glen, Sebring, VIR, Summit Point, Road America and Mid-Ohio. I also drive the SAAB at Pennsylvania Hillclimb Association events which include Giants Despair, Weatherly, Pagoda, Duryea, Rose Valley, and Polish Mountain. The orange SAAB has also been hillclimbed at Hershey Vintage Hillclimb. Therefore, my experience enables me to answer any questions you might have on this beautiful yellow vintage SAAB race car.

One side note about the yellow SAAB: The Central Florida Region SCCA logbook was issued and signed by Ed Diehl who is a well-known GM factory 1960's Grand Sport Corvette driver. I have been honored to have Ed co-drive my orange SAAB at Sebring.

You will enjoy the ride in the yellow SAAB 93F! Vintage SAAB's are a blast to drive and spectators are enamored with the vintage "ring-a-ding-ding" 2-stroke spirit the car possesses!

History
    This vintage SAAB has extensive racing history and was raced at many SVRA and Central Florida SCCA vintage events. These events include Watkins Glen, Daytona, Sebring, VIR (Virginia International Raceway), Hershey Vintage Hillclimb, and Weatherly Hillclimb with the Pennsylvania Hillclimb Association. The car was previously owned and raced by Craig Disney, Randy Cook, and Jon Ewing.

Car carries 2 log books, one is from the SCCA Central Florida Region, and the second is from the SVRA.
    This car is rare and one of the oldest SAAB's racing in North America. Currently there are 3 known 1960 model 93F SAABs in racing trim, this being one of the three (3) in North America.

Recent Competition History
    Car placed at several vintage races, results could be found with Central Florida Region SCCA and SVRA.