Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Turbo X Sedan manual, all options

Custom Order Saab Factory Nav?

Just curious if anyone knows if it is possible to custom order the Saab nav (2008 9-3) to replace the boring green radio. I haven't seen it as an orderable part from Saab USA Parts and they typically have everything.

Thanks!

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6
    different instrument panel wiring harness option for navigation that's makes almost impossible for after sales to install the Saab navigation option.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Just curious if anyone knows if it is possible to custom order the Saab nav (2008 9-3) to replace the boring green radio. I haven't seen it as an orderable part from Saab USA Parts and they typically have everything.

Thanks!
    Just from my personal experience with OEM nav units... I hate them! I think you are better off getting an after market one, and installing it yourself, or at a decent shop. The OEM ones (in Fords at least) are hard to navigate the menus, don't have practical features, have outdated maps, and it's expensive to upgrade the maps. I might be wrong about the ones in Saabs, but I'd never add the option for nav if I were to buy a car... I'm far happier with my TomTom.

Wulf installed one in one of his old 9-5's... seems like a lot of work, but looks worth it!
    http://saabworld.net/f29/double-din-...vic-f700bt-84/

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Turbo X Sedan manual, all options
    Thanks guys. I have an on-windshield GPS right now and it just doesn't have the clean look I'm going for. As for the third party navs, I understand the map update benefits, but I really like the OEM look, plastic color matching, etc. Sad to hear it's so hard to switch

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Not as nice and flush as the OEM, but better than what you've got (looks wise... not sure about placement wise).
    http://saabworld.net/f69/mounting-to...-3-2006-a-367/