Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    03' 9-3 SS Linear--gone, 06' 9-3 SC Aero--gone, 09' 9-3 SS Aero Auto--yeah

OCI and SID on 09' SS?

Seems they've changed how the OCI works. According to the manual there is no set time frame as before. In 03-05' it was up to 2 years. In 06' it went down to 1 year.

Now the manual says based on cold starts, etc. Also there is no "days" left, just a % of life.

So what I was hoping to do as I did before was get a "free" oil change based on time as the car was built 2 years ago.

On my 06', which was over 1 year old when I purchased it new, had the "time for service" when brand new as it had more than 1 year on the oil but no miles. I guess for 08' and up this has changed.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    While I don't have any comment on why they changed the way the OCI works, I would just pay for the oil change myself. The price paid is insignificant compared to the total price of the car. 6 quarts of good synthetic is about $40. You can go to a quick lube station to have it done for you (you can often bring your own oil) or do it yourself if you don't want to pay the high dealer prices.

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonFlash View Post
    Seems they've changed how the OCI works. According to the manual there is no set time frame as before. In 03-05' it was up to 2 years. In 06' it went down to 1 year.

Now the manual says based on cold starts, etc. Also there is no "days" left, just a % of life.

So what I was hoping to do as I did before was get a "free" oil change based on time as the car was built 2 years ago.

On my 06', which was over 1 year old when I purchased it new, had the "time for service" when brand new as it had more than 1 year on the oil but no miles. I guess for 08' and up this has changed.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?
    in my 2007 93 Saab show only the % oil life. as I am low mileage driver every year, the Sid request on February for service according the manufacturing date.