02-March-2007 - Press release

Name:  page13_blog_entry2_1.jpg
Views: 3871
Size:  63.7 KB

MILWAUKEE — Saab Automobile USA recently announced that it is offering a free new Saab to any U.S. customer who covers the distance of one million miles (or more) in a Saab that he or she originally purchased new. First to seize the opportunity was Wisconsin resident and insurance salesman Peter Gilbert, who completed his million miles in a 1989 Edwardian Gray Saab 900 SPG at last year’s Saab Owner’s Convention in Lake George, New York.

Mr. Gilbert received the keys to his free new Saab, a Titan Gray 260 hp 9-5 Aero SportCombi (MSRP $38,735) from Saab Automobile USA General Manager Jay Spenchian. The event took place at a media reception at Saab dealer Concours in Milwaukee, close to Mr. Gilbert’s residence.

“Saabs are made for people who love to drive, as proven by the many high-mileage examples in the Saab owners’ community”, Spenchian said. “Having personally been with Peter Gilbert in his 900 SPG as we crossed their magical finish line together, one cannot help but being impressed by the condition of car and driver after one million miles. Our offer of a new Saab to any U.S. customer who equals this achievement, should be seen as a token of appreciation for the enduring loyalty and confidence in Saab.”

The new Saab comes with the 100,000 mile/5 years GM Powertrain limited warranty and 3 years/36,000 miles no-charge scheduled maintenance, standard with every model in the 2007 Saab Automobile USA portfolio.

“I am obviously on cloud nine with my new Saab 9-5 Aero SportCombi”, Gilbert said. “It is not just fast and fuel efficient, but also extremely safe. A reassuring thought, keeping in mind that my faithful 900 SPG and I survived many a collision with Wisconsin deer. Who knows, I might take a run at another million miles in my new Saab 9-5!"

The offer of a free, new 2007 Saab 9-5 Aero [not to exceed an Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price of $38,735 (certain features and options are subject to availability at time of delivery) and delivery to take place at an authorized Saab USA dealer] valid from the date of this release through calendar year 2007 (offer ends Dec. 31, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time), is available to any U.S. customer who can present verifiable proof to Saab Automobile USA that he or she is the original owner of the Saab vehicle that covered one million road miles or more, that the vehicle is in running condition, that the odometer hasn’t been tampered with, and that the vehicle is currently and has always been registered in the United States. The customer is responsible for all applicable taxes, title fees, registration and destination charges. Visit www.saabusa.com for important details and limitations on this offer.

Saab is a division of General Motors Corp. Saab Automobile USA is the importer and/or distributor of Saab 9-3, 9-5 and 9-7X automobiles for Saab Automobile AB, Sweden. For the 2007 model year, Saab markets seven car variants that have an estimated EPA-rated 30 mpg on the highway.