Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)

Heard of the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z01 Star Spec?

Anyone heard of the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z01 Star Spec? I was thinking of getting tires in about a year versus another set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric. The Michelin Pilot Sport 3 is out in many countries, but not yet available in Saab sizes in the U.S.

My guess is that dry performance is slightly better than the Goodyears but wet performance is worse. It might also be a bit noisier. Costs are similar.

Treadwear is not very important to me but the treadwear ratings, which are not exactly comparable, is 200 for the Dunlops and 240 for the Goodyears.

I won't be buying tires for 12-15 months so I can afford to wait for answers to trickle in.

Saab(s)
    94' 9000 Aero, 900 SPG
    I do not have personal experience with this tire, but I know plenty of people who do hillclimbs with them. Everyone I know who uses them is very happy with the performance. I also know several people who have run these as rain tires in tarmac rallies, and again, they had no complaints. Id say that from a performance stand point they are a great tire, especially considering the low cost.