Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

Wire harness on 9-5 Denso Navigation - what kind?

I would like to tap into the CD changer input on my head unit in my 9-5 to see if I can connect a music player. Does anyome recognize what kind of wire harness is used in this picture? It's 16-pin but that's about all I can tell. I checked on the Crutchfield site but there are so many different kinds.

Name:  harness.jpg
Views: 2969
Size:  58.2 KB

Name:  wireharness.jpg
Views: 3473
Size:  94.1 KB

The connector for the CD changer is not shown in this picture but is exactly the same as these two.

Another option is to tap into the wires with a wire splice connector but I rather not want to do that for just testing it out. And I would like to have the CD Changer input disconnected when testing.
    Last edited by nordwulf; 25 September 2010 at 02:05.

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6
    if the motherboard of head unit is manufactured in japan...... it is a Japanese connector... Isuzu connector? the reference use to be a serial of numbers but I don't Know. .....not very helpful ... sorry.

Saab(s)
    2005 9-5 Aero Sedan
    Hi Wulf,
    I loved your write-up about the aftermarket double DIN head unit replacement. It really has become the bible for the 9-5 community!
    I am doing something much more mundane, I'm switching out my factor 2005 9-5 Aero AS3 radio/cd/tape head for a 2005 Denso nav unit head. Do you know of anyone who makes a plug-and-play harness that mates to my car's current harness and goes into the 3 ports on the back of the Denso unit? I can't find ANY information about this and I've e-mailed the guys at SaabAux.com inquiring if they could make one for me but they've never replied to any of my e-mails. I'd greatly appreciate your help! Many thanks, Joe

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I don't know of anyone that can supply a harness adapter like that. The Denso unit is pretty much self-contained and just needs the external GPS antenna that is installed under the dash. So the wiring shouldn't be too difficult to make.

The Denso unit uses the CD/DVD slot for the navigation DVD. If you want to play CDs while using the navigation, you will need the CD changer in the trunk if you do not already have that with your AS3.