http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-1...head-says.html

Saab Automobile, the Swedish carmaker owned by Spyker Cars NV, aims to start selling cars in China, Russia, Brazil and Mexico in the first half of next year, its sales chief said in an interview. Saab is negotiating with potential distribution partners in the four countries and aims to reach agreements by the end of the year...it may study whether local production would be feasible, he said. “If we only import cars to China I think we can sell 2,000 to 5,000 cars a year,” he said. “If we build cars in China it could be 50,000-plus cars per year.” Saab sold 860 cars in China in 2008, the last year it had a presence there...Saab also aims to enter the Indian market in the second half of 2011, he said.

BMW makes cars in India, Egypt, and other countries for those local markets. I heard that the BMW 3 series made in Chennai, India is from a kit sent from Germany and that only the door panels and tires are sourced locally. Many of the big tire companies make tires in India, making models such as the Goodyear Eagle NCT5 and Bridgestone Potenza RE050I (I for India version). In India, some car companies only have dealers in the big cities, like Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, and Kolkata leaving cities like Bhopal, Lucknow, Trivandrum with no dealers.