I'm trying to solve a hard start / extended cranking issue, so as part of that, I replaced my Supply line check valve. There are other methods out there, including installing a piece of 5/8th's fuel line over the original cut line and the check valve tip, but the method below is more of an oem repair.

Turn the car on and while idling, pull your fuel pump fuse to run as much gas out of the line as possible. I also disconnected my negative battery cable as a safety. Free up your supply line check valve, (the white one). I sprayed the opening around mine with PB Blaster and carefully wiggled it back and forth to get it out. Be careful, the valve itself will break, or the yellow, plastic tab will break, so you need to go at it carefully.

Getting the hard fuel line off of the check valve is a pain, don't use a heat gun or hair dryer as there will still be fuel in the line. I tried using a hose removal tool, which didn't work, it just "chewed" up the hard, black fuel line. Finally, I just cut back the fuel line about 1/2", just to the start of the last "tang" on the check valve. You don't want to cut away any more fuel line then you have to. When you pull away the check valve, be ready for some fuel to pour out.

Next, using a Dorman fuel line tool, you need to secure your new check valve in place, (I used rubber bands) and secure your fuel line in the other end of the fuel line tool, (similar to a brake flaring tool, but made specifically for fuel line applications). Instruction are included with the tool.

From there it's just a matter of applying pressure with the tool, you may also need to reposition the check valve in the tool. That's about it, now you have a professional installation of the check valve. I should note that the Dorman fuel line tool is sold by itself or in a kit. Almost nothing in the kit, except the fuel line and maybe a couple of brass connectors can be used for Saab vehicles. The tool by itself is "stupid" expensive at nearly $70.
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0aeb9bee.jpg

I thought this would be the "magic bullet" for my car and it wasn't. I ended up changing the Fuel Pressure regulator which improved the situation greatly, but I still don't get the kind of quick start I would like. Next on my list are my battery cables.

Update, almost 1 year later. I have not yet replaced my positive battery cable, but I did put in a rebuilt starter, which spins much, much faster than the original that was in car @ 134K miles and helps with quicker starts. I think I'm also going to try a "top engine" cleaner to clean off my piston crowns, "Nulon" has a good tutorial video on how to clean your piston crowns. GM also makes a highly regarded top engine cleaner. Eventually, I will discover the "magic bullet" to quick starts, I'm just not there yet.