Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Andy Graham
    modérateur
    Saab(s)
    '88 vert, '88 Aero

Haven't bought a car in nearly two years...

I just can't get rid of this itch to buy a car. Keep checking out online classifieds and seeing "must-haves".

Thing is, buying another car would make no sense -- wife and I have three between us already and there's no room for more.

The family car is a 98 Accord bought brand new that still runs like the day it was built -- spending many thousands to "update" to something younger would be plain irrational. The 88 Aero gets me to work and back every day cheaply, reliably and in style. And the 88 'vert is perfect for weekends or anytime the weather's right (which here in Perth is most of the time).

Goldurnit, until one of them is crashed or explodes I guess I'm stuck with them. Back to cruising those classifieds and dreaming...

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I have switched cars way too often in the last 4 years and am on my 7th Saab now . Oh, there also was a Mercedes between #6 and 7 so that makes 8 different cars. There was always something different and better available. Perhaps I just wanted to try out as many as possible because all were too tempting. I did learn a lot about the different models and years within the model ranges.

I think I finally settled down with my current 9-5 (7 months!) but I am still looking at classifieds and eBay quite often. I know there is this vintage Saab or 900 convertible out there that I absolutely must have. Sometimes, it's just nice to dream as you mentioned.
    Last edited by nordwulf; 13 October 2010 at 18:00.

Andy Graham
    modérateur
    Saab(s)
    '88 vert, '88 Aero
    Yeah curtain bags would be a justification I guess. Not to mention stability control. But it certainly wouldn't be a late model SAAB! Too overpriced here.