Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 15 of 115 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    Pennsylvania is a state as is Kentucky. Kentucky is perceived as a rural backwater inhabited with "inner-breeding" primitive hill folk. Pennsylvania is thought of as more of the prosperous "north east". So a joke developed in the more urban areas since many of the rural areas are very poor. Here we see one thing. Maine for the most part is seen as wealth "George Bush Estate Vacation Land" when in reality only the coastal strip from NH to Bar Harbor is affluent .... but that is the Maine that we tourists see. So some from PA refer to it as Pennsyltucky, a thin insult but among themselves. I think it originated with the thousands of New Jersey folks who moved there to escape taxes.

Well you aren't in the US so who cares, it won't affect you.

When it comes to RR quality, I know the names, like with the dealer I wanted to know why the RR over the LR commands a higher price.

I anticipated an answer like, better springs and suspension or some technical stuff but as posted, he walked away. I can read the name on the hood thanks and sat in them too.

That little Freelander is getting a rep as a dog.

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    Hey, I live in Pa have a Discovery II and 3 SAAB's. If you like SAAB's you kind of have to like Land Rovers same eclectic attraction.

Have not heard the Pennsyltucky term for 30 years when My Dad used to say it when we were kids.
    We had some affectionate terms for New Jersey Too.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    And 30 years ago I would defend our NJ as being more like rural PA with the exception of that patch by "The City" .. NY.

Now, this crooked and corrupt mess of ours; well there is not much for me to defend.

Did I mention "Mob tax" on everything?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    stg5 b234r 1999 9-3, stg2 1998 900 vert
    I done's been born and bread here ins pennciltucky. Refer-ances likes doe's will get you-ins trouble round heres parts. Now mind, you. I need to gets back ta fixin da tractor cause it's ferdudst.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    To prove to me you are from Pennsyltucky let me axe you a few questions.

1. What is the muzzle velocity of your deer rifle?

2. If your front porch collapsed, how many dogs would die?

* deer season in PA is sacred, more than Christmas, I ran a small plant outside Reading and the word was .. "don't go taking orders, no one is working, fire us if you have to." Hey, I was about to retire to Starlight PA in the Endless Hills.

Wrestrepo
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnanxwd View Post
    Did I mention "Mob tax" on everything?
    explanation?...is it the Soprano tax that you talk about? literally paying to the mob?

Pennsylvania is a state as is Kentucky. Kentucky is perceived as a rural backwater inhabited with "inner-breeding" primitive hill folk. Pennsylvania is thought of as more of the prosperous "north east". So a joke developed in the more urban areas since many of the rural areas are very poor. Here we see one thing. Maine for the most part is seen as wealth "George Bush Estate Vacation Land" when in reality only the coastal strip from NH to Bar Harbor is affluent .... but that is the Maine that we tourists see. So some from PA refer to it as Pennsyltucky, a thin insult but among themselves. I think it originated with the thousands of New Jersey folks who moved there to escape taxes.

Well you aren't in the US so who cares, it won't affect you.

When it comes to RR quality, I know the names, like with the dealer I wanted to know why the RR over the LR commands a higher price.

I anticipated an answer like, better springs and suspension or some technical stuff but as posted, he walked away. I can read the name on the hood thanks and sat in them too.

That little Freelander is getting a rep as a dog.
    What was that in reply of? I am a bit lost
    A friend of mine, OBGYN, did her residency in KY. Yes, there is a lot of inner-breeding in that State.
    Not only Maine, but in General New England is perceived as "wealthy" I believe. There are poor people everywhere though. CT has one the most affluent County in the Nation (Fairfield County) and that County has one of the poorest Cities in the Nation too (Bridgeport).

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    You mention "third world".

Next post Boon asks "Is that Kentucky".

Over here, I don't know where you are, they joke about this.

Now, that said with this as a US based site, I kind of take a US slant. Over at SC, I used to dial in that it was UK based and tried to respond with that in mind.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    Other question was on the Soprano tax. Sadly, that answer is yes. If you are not paying a mob tax here you have to pay-to-play and brown bag or contribute big to the Democrats or to a slightly lesser extent the Republicans.

The only reason more don't go to the can is that:

1. The feds are stretched too thin regarding investigators.

2. The NJ investigators are blind or corrupt. The other day the Sheriff of Middlesex was indicted for selling officer positions for like $10,000. The state AG is not much better.

3. There is not enough room "At The Inn" and the chance of a reduced sentence is a given.

But "Tony" is a very real guy here and believe it or not, sometimes the cinema imitates reality. I have seen some extras on "The Sopranos" that I kind of knew.

Wrestrepo
    You mention "third world".

Next post Boon asks "Is that Kentucky".

Over here, I don't know where you are, they joke about this.

Now, that said with this as a US based site, I kind of take a US slant. Over at SC, I used to dial in that it was UK based and tried to respond with that in mind.
    I think I get it now....I think....BTW, I am in the USA too..

Wrestrepo
    Other question was on the Soprano tax. Sadly, that answer is yes. If you are not paying a mob tax here you have to pay-to-play and brown bag or contribute big to the Democrats or to a slightly lesser extent the Republicans.

The only reason more don't go to the can is that:

1. The feds are stretched too thin regarding investigators.

2. The NJ investigators are blind or corrupt. The other day the Sheriff of Middlesex was indicted for selling officer positions for like $10,000. The state AG is not much better.

3. There is not enough room "At The Inn" and the chance of a reduced sentence is a given.

But "Tony" is a very real guy here and believe it or not, sometimes the cinema imitates reality. I have seen some extras on "The Sopranos" that I kind of knew.
    I hear you...You pretty much have to pay to play everywhere in the US.