Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 58 of 115 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch View Post
    Nothing against yellow Viggens or verts, I just really like the hue of the T5R. It's not a bright yellow.
    Same here. Saab's canary yellow is simply too bright. Reminds me of eating at Subway:

"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
    I had never seen it that bright... But I love living where I live. I have all the benefits of country living, without the drawbacks. (15 minutes from Louisville)

My uncle, who lives right on the outskirts of Louisville, was over here one nigh and looked up and said "Stars! You don't see those at my house!" He is now looking for 5+ Acres in my area to build a house like this:
    That was the about the worst thing about living in Patriot. We were 50 miles from Cincinnati. "Real" fast food was 25 miles away, a multi-screen movie theater was 40 miles away in Florence or Erlanger, KY. We moved there in 1978 and compared to Cincinnati, it may as well have been 1958. Our place was a lot like yours, cedar siding, set up on a hill with a 1/8 mile set-back from the road and modern for it's time.

My dad now has 125 acres at the end of a dead end road at the end of a ridge outside Georgetown, OH. There isn't much of a view, but it's damn private and he's got a huge house a couple barns(he leases his tobacco base out) and out building and a real nice garage/workshop with a 15x20 garage door. He keeps the tractor, the 48 Willys Jeep and our dirtbikes in it, plus there is plenty of room for his lathe, drill press, table saw and planer and room to work on stuff

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6

the seven of July was the great Pamplona party festival "San Fermin·, running wild.
    the best description for me is to show you nice pictures from the boston,com
    Running wild: San Fermin festival 2011 - The Big Picture - Boston.com

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Decided to go to Boston to visit a friend for the weekend. Left at about noon on Friday, and just got back. Just over 6 hour drive each way, and I made it solo with only one stop. The A/C stopped working about an hour into the trip there, and it was high 80's F. So I had huge sweat marks at my only stop. The cute girl pumping gas next to me didn't think I was lookin' very good. The A/C managed to work on the way home though, good thing because the temperature never dipped below a humid 91F, and peaked at 103F for an hour or so.

Overall, fun drive but was pure highway as I was more concentrated on making good time to my destination rather than having a good time as I went somewhere.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    It's 95F with a dew point of 78F, the heat index is 105F. Sarah wanted to go outside and play. I told her it was hot and showed her the excessive heat warning posted. She didn't care and went out anyway.

She didn't last 10 minutes!

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    It'll be 97 with a heat index of 102 tomorrow. Unfortunately, no A/C in my house and I'll be lucky when my bedroom cools off to the mid-80s at night. I have a dehumidifier so maybe that will help just a bit. Or maybe just sleep in the basement.

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    No AC in your house?

Heathen!

No way I could deal with that. I know you're pretty far north in MI, but it still gets hot up there.

Maybe just get a window unit for your bedroom? You can probably get one for less than $150.

Jared
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-5 ARC ( and care-taker of a '98 900SE)
    I played 18 holes of golf on Sunday, and it was rough with the heat.

Then yesterday, I spent 10 hours at Holiday World in Santa Clause, Indiana. I started the day wearing a white shirt, and ended the day with that same shirt being yellow.
    I don't drive fast...I fly slow

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    My master bedroom has sliding doors so trying to fit a window unit is just a hassle and pretty ugly. It's maybe a couple of weeks a year when it is this hot so most people up here just live with it. I'd rather spend my money on beer and other refreshments to keep me cool.

Jared
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-5 ARC ( and care-taker of a '98 900SE)
    I get to help put a new motor in this car this week:

(not the white one, thankfully)

It's a TOTALLY rust-free (even the undercarriage and exhaust is clean) '98 SE. Pretty clean interior, 5-spd, nice top aside from a gap where it meets the cover, and it's pretty ding-free for being 13 years old.
    I don't drive fast...I fly slow