Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 62 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
    Wrestrepo

huh?
    I feel sorry for people who do not drink. When they wake up in the morning it is as good as they are going to feel all day - Frank Sinatra

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    "Hemi-weight", spin on Hemi 8 and heavyweight, I'm guessing.
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Klingons:

My oldest brother just purchased a 2007 BMW 335Ci. He stopped by for the weekend to show it off and man, is that thing fast. It sounds good enough I'm su Not a huge fan of the styling, but the interior is sharp! Drives great (amazing actually)! I can see why people buy BMW's and not Saabs . It was great, but it seems to be missing something... maybe it's the Saab personality.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Matt
    Saab(s)
    No Saabs :(... Just a Forester Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    My oldest brother just purchased a 2007 BMW 335Ci. He stopped by for the weekend to show it off and man, is that thing fast. It sounds good enough I'm su Not a huge fan of the styling, but the interior is sharp! Drives great (amazing actually)! I can see why people buy BMW's and not Saabs . It was great, but it seems to be missing something... maybe it's the Saab personality.
    I would actually take a 9-3 Interior over that BMW any day.. I HATE how stark and basic the interiors are... and some of them have that disgusting grey faux wood grain look that is so chincy. I think the quality of plastics in the BMW may actually be worse than saab.

Saab(s)
    Do BMWs still come with "leatherette" seating ?

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Quote Originally Posted by SaabBoon View Post
    I would actually take a 9-3 Interior over that BMW any day.. I HATE how stark and basic the interiors are... and some of them have that disgusting grey faux wood grain look that is so chincy. I think the quality of plastics in the BMW may actually be worse than saab.
    Saabs almost universally get flogged for their stark and basic interiors... I like them both though. I have yet to find any piece of plastic that feels or looks cheap. Even the plastic tabs on the little pop-out cup holders feels nice! The only new 9-3 I've been in (a 2008 9-3 Aero) had quite a bit of cheap feeling plastics. It felt very well built, but the plastics (door pulls especially!) feel hard and hollow. The one thing that looks cheap, is that the rubberized coating on the door pull has started to wear. It stills feels fine, but looks like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by SaabKen View Post
    Do BMWs still come with "leatherette" seating ?
    Yup. He really wanted the "Premium Leather" (it is very premium if you ever get a chance to feel it), but this one came up for about 5 grand less than all the others he had been looking at, and it had all the other options he wanted. After feeling the leatherette, he decided he could settle. Does it feel like real leather? Pretty close, but you can tell if you are looking for it. The one good thing about leatherette though, is that you don't have to worry about it cracking or wearing like real leather will, but you also don't get real leather.

That being said, it still doesn't feel as nice as the fake leather stuff in my Dad's '11 Jetta SportWagen; which again, feels close to leather, but with a little bit of a nice rubbery feeling. I know it actually sounds bad, but it's great stuff.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    I like my interior, I'm not a really a fan of the soft touch look dash however. But I like the starkness of it. The dash and center stack are very nicely laid out, IMO. My only real complaint is that after 54K miles it's got a ton of rattles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I haven't seen a visitor from this place before.

Holy See (Vatican City State) arrived from google.it on "SaabWorld - Saab 900 Enduro - A bullet from Sweden" by searching for saab 900 sweden

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Cool!

The pope drives a Saab?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Saab(s)
    Cool ..............

Saab at 24 Hours of Francorchamps