Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 71 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    What a shitty couple days.

Found out on Friday that I'm not a candidate for ACL reconstruction. Doc ordered a brace and gave me a prescription for a pain patch called Butrans. a 10mg patch that you wear for a week. Put it on Sunday and all seemed well. No knee, back or hip pain. Woke up yesterday morning sick as hell. Puking, dry heaves and cold sweats. Took the patch off and slept, poorly, all day yesterday. My doc was in surgery yesterday but called me this morning very concerned. He asked me what I wanted. I told him I wanted 10mg/325mg Vicodin or Percocet.

I was finally able to eat this afternoon.

Then my cousin from Cleveland called to tell me that his twin brother had just died. 43 years old. Blood clot in his lung. So I'm driving to Cleveland on Saturday or Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Saab(s)
    2002 9 5 Aero
    Sorry to learn about your cousin, Hirsh. I hope you get better soon and be very careful driving under those conditions on the weekend. Play it safe and take care.

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Thanks Aero, I'm feeling fine now, once I took off that patch and got that drug out of my system I started feeling better. But trust me, medicated is the only way one should have to drive from Cincinnati to Cleveland! We're taking my brothers HHR and he's having oral surgery on Friday, I expect him to sleep a lot.

As for my cousin, this wasn't entirely a surprise. Both twins had had serious addiction issues. The one that died had open heart surgery about 8-9 years ago and had some valves replaced. He did a lot of "speedballs"(shooting cocaine and heroin mixed), he was trying to get clean, though. The other twin is clean and has been for a few years.

It sucks for their oldest brother, who is in the hospital in California and won't be able to fly in for the funeral.
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Vicodin seems to be the miracle drug to fix any issues. I have never had it but heard it's quite effective. Sorry to hear about the death in the family. I can't even imagine having a twin brother who would pass away. That must be some void that can never be filled.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Sorry to hear about the death. I hope you start feeling better, both physically and emotionally. Drive safe!
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    It's very effective, it's also very addicting. I'm very careful about how I take them.

My cousins, Burt and Brent, were very close, as identical twins usually are. They should have been the poster children for doing the wrong thing the right way. They started selling pot in high school and saved all their profit. By the time they were in their late 20's they had $60k, cash, in a safe deposit box. They bought a bar, and all their friends came there to drink. They ended up buying another bar, as well. By the time the heroin caught up with them, they had lost both bars, they each lost their houses and cars.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch View Post
    were very close, as identical twins usually are.
    I am a identical twin, and I have another brother too (3 years older). I have to agree, I am closer to my twin, but I also get in far more fights with him and the fights escalate a lot quicker. But I guess that's because no matter how many bloody noses I give him or black eyes I'll get, he'll still be there if I need a kidney. In the end, we aren't really "best friends" but we get a long well enough, but we'd rather be unknown as twins.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    They came from a family of 4. One older brother and one younger. We're all in the same age group, 40-45 and of all the cousins in my family, me and my brother were the closest to them.

The younger brother and older brother both live in California and aren't really close to the rest of the family. I don't think I've seen the younger one, Max, since 2004. The older one, 10 years sober, just moved to CA and got married about a year and a half ago. He's also in the hospital recovering from something pretty severe and won't be able to attend the funeral.

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6
    sorry to hear about so bad news. I hope your soon recovery and I know what it feels like to lose a loved one. I give you my sincerely condolences.

take care with your knee and have a quiet trip to the funeral.

my best regards

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Thanks Jose. I'm doing fine, I've lived with the knee pain since I was 23 or 24. The technology of replacements is getting better and if I can go another 10 years I"ll be OK.

I'm feeling real bad for the twin thats still alive and my aunt.