Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 72 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6
    for the pain the best way is to forget that that hurts, as I work in the body shop when I hit my leg with a protection bar while walking, if you continue walking the pain disappear alone.

forget the pain, be strong, love yourself thinking about your family and keep only the good memories about your brother.

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    My wife works in retail for Macys and most of the time I hate it. The hours suck, the pay sucks and having to work almost all holidays is the worst.

But sometimes it comes in handy. I took the one suit I own to the dry cleaners and found moth holes in it.

Called my wife, she told who to talk too. Using my wifes discount, plus some credits she earned for mattress sales, I walked out with a $300 Alfani suit for $150.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Frank, you got Saab Fan Pic of the week!
    Saab Fan Pic of the Week | Facebook
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Saab(s)
    2002 9 5 Aero
    Congrats Frank!. No wonder why was the pic selected!.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Thanks but the 9-4X and the beautiful northern Michigan landscape take all the credit. It was one of those pictures where the location, light (an hour before sunset), subject, a few clouds in the blue sky and composition just fell into place without really looking for it. For this shot, I held the camera above my head so I wasn't really sure how it was going to turn out. Oh, and I had a little help from iPhoto on my Mac to tweak the image.

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Congrats Frank!

But you have yet to win the highly coveted and prestigious Key Fob Friday!
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Jared
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-5 ARC ( and care-taker of a '98 900SE)
    A rare and interesting car came into my grandpa's shop yesterday. It's a 1953 MG TD. This thing make a Miata look like the size of a Rolls Royce.

Here's the interesting part. Look at the pedals! Yes, that's an accelerator, a brake, and a clutch.

And me trying to get my size 12's situated on the pedals...

I like the mirror on the dash.

Powered by a little English 4-Cylinder.

Just thought I'd share. You don't see these too often.
    I don't drive fast...I fly slow

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    The only problem with the TD is that about a million, mostly bad, replicas were built. Some based on Ford Pinto frames and running gear. It's cool to see a real one after being disappointed by many replicas.

On another note, got the oil changed today in preparation for tomorrows 500 mile round trip from Cincinnati to Cleveland. 6.7 quarts(wtf is up with that Saab?) of synthetic oil for $86.50 at the local Valvoline. The crew that runs this one has been the same since I started using it in 07 for my work truck. Once my free oil changes ran out at Just Saab, I figured I'd let these guys give it a go to save about $40. They're all car guys, one has a nicely done late 60's Ford truck and another has a highly modified Integra R.

They love my Saab.

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Home from Cleveland. Left this morning about 10:30 and took my time getting there. Got to the funeral home right at 3pm, met a lot of my cousins friends, saw some cousins that I haven't seen in years. It used to be the only reason we got together was for weddings. Now it's funerals. I remember my cousin Anna's wedding. Sort of. Me and my cousin Brent, the one whose funeral I went to today, spent that night getting Anna's younger brother hammered. We wound up at a Dennys at 3am that night.

Left Cleveland at 6pm and was home, 247 miles, at 9:30pm. Good thing Ohio State had a home game today, kept the Ohio Storm Troopers busy and off the interstate.

Now it's time for a cold beer and to watch F1 qualifying from Singapore.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    I guess it was about 10 years ago and one of the cousins died. Needless to say, when I got the call I volunteered to be a pallbearer. There was an awkward mumbling and then ... "if we need one we'll call you". Odd, because for the past thirty or so years there were a group of us who always did that.

Sitting in church the next day with one of my close cousins I mentioned that I had asked but not called and he said ..... he did the same.

The young un's came in carrying old cousin Fred and I got an elbow poke and he whispered in my ear ..... "that's because we're next" ...
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum