Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 84 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    I thought the Bently R Turbo was fast and agile for it's size. In the New York Times the review said it was one of those cars where on your way to the Catskill "Summer Cottage", you told the chauffeur to ride in back so you could have some fun.
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Jared
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-5 ARC ( and care-taker of a '98 900SE)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    I'd get a Bentley Brooklands myself. Too bad they were super short production.
    I want a Brooklands so badly. My favorite Bentley ever.

On another note; here's Indiana for you!

The place where you can weather in the 30's one day, and that the next.
    I don't drive fast...I fly slow

Jared
    Saab(s)
    Snow!

Regretting not rotating my tires now. Fronts are getting bald with 13k on them. Spun them earlier leaving a parking lot...

If your car must stay outside, I recommend getting a cover for the windshield:

Helps speed up clear off every morning!

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
    Helps speed up clear off every morning!
    What do you do with the big wet cover thing? And what about all the other windows?

A good ice scraper and I'm set. I rarely have to spend more than a minute or two clearing it off; only when it's iced over do I have have to work at it.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Jared
    Saab(s)
    Throw it on the porch.

I'd rather have to clear off the just side and rear windows than the rear, sides, and front window.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I don't think I'd ever be in the market for a Bentley.

If I had $200M and earned $20M per year, I would want a car with bulletproof glass for security.
    If I had $20M and earned $2M per year, I might just be satisfied with a Saab. Maybe a BMW if a fancy car were needed to impress clients or corporate customers? Movie stars need to impress the press (some of them earn $10M, not just $2M). However, a BMW can barely pass. No need for a Ferrari. An Aston Martin looks nice but might be unreliable. Maybe two Aston Martins are ok since at least one would be drivable at all times. There have been some actors and actresses that have driven Saabs. Some of them had a supporting role in a TV series, but not people like Brad Pitt or J Lo.
    Reminds me of this episode with Captain Slow & a T2:

http://video.ultimatestreet.com/vide...the-bentley-t2
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)

Jared
    Saab(s)
    As posted in another thread...My friend totaled his '03 BMW 325xi today. He hit a wet spot in the road and hydroplaned into a tree at about 40.

Name:  6625d1322613466-2001-audi-a4-1-8t-quattro-2003-bmw-325xi-bimmer-totaled.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  19.9 KB

He and his sister both walked away uninjured. These things are solid. He said there was basically no intrusion it the cabin. Needless to say, it will be replaced with another BMW.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    Yikes !

Good thing they're ok.
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)

Scot
    EqualOpportunity Offender
    Saab(s)
    1989 900 SPG Turbo,1993 9000 Aero Turbo, 2000 9-5 Aero, 2005 9-2x Aero, 2011 9-3 Aero Sedan Turbo4
    Hey...I'm with J-Rod! My detached garage can hold 6 cars (if strategically placed)...so with my original 900 and first 9000 parked and kept-up for my 2 daughters.......oh yeah, the 'Cuda, '64.5 pony, audi S4, and the 3 Saabs fill them spaces.....so my 2011 9-3aero will weather the NJ winter like most all my cars have! But having a blanket that covers the entire hood and top that can be yanked off RULES (unless it freezes to the hood or window, then gets coverwd with 3' of snow!I still cover the windshield every night....worse case is I drive out of my turnaround and leave a trail of ice chunks behind me for a mile or so (before shedding ALL ice and water when I hit 110mph). Cover thy windshield with a teflon coated towel! Unless you suck and live in a climate that knows no frost or snow.......which means you have to rub your car with sunblock or else it will look 10yrs older than any iced-up model.........

Scot
    EqualOpportunity Offender
    Saab(s)
    1989 900 SPG Turbo,1993 9000 Aero Turbo, 2000 9-5 Aero, 2005 9-2x Aero, 2011 9-3 Aero Sedan Turbo4
    I'm still full from National Gluttony Day...urp...now I can't eat Turkey for another year...

I went to my grandparent's where the rest of the family gathered...I HATE not having left-overs, so 2 days later I cooked-up a complete Thanksgiving meal and had my folks over...still have some in the fridge (and freezer) as I ALWAYS make WAY too much of my famous sausage cornbread stuffing.

What did everyone do with left overs?

Me:
    day-1 full meal: 1 Turkey (young bird, fresh from local farm), 1 spiral-cut glazed ham, and a Turducken (turkey, duck, and chicken de-boned by local butcher, turducken stuffed/assembled by me), sauteed Haricots Verts with caramelized onions and bacon, garlic and regular mashed potatoes, butternut squash, cornbread sausage stuffing/dressing, 7-layer salad, homemade cranberry sauce, assorted breads, corn, roasted asparagus with a balsamic reduction, quartered Brussels sprouts sauteed with pancetta, and enough assorted bottles of wine to waste a small town (I picked up the tab...was like paying a mortgage check).

Day-2 full meal of left-overs

Day-3 Turkey Enchiladas

Day-4 Ham and Turducken pannini's

Day-5 Creamy Turkey and Chicken chowder

This is the first year I've gone 5 days utilizing leftovers in an innovative-enough way to keep my family and my folks (still staying with us before heading back to Pittsburgh) from complaining that they're sick of Turkey...I ALWAYS make too much...some things you can freeze, some are better eaten as left-overs. If I hadn't started the chowder I would have made a Turkey/Duck/Chicken Chili (using my 7-been beer chili recipe).