Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 53 of 115 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    Quote Originally Posted by mattlach
    It might.. At least it ought to be more effective than our "catch and release"...

I still have to say that I am a huge fan of due process, even for scumbags like this.
    It was due process ..... catch, confiscate, handcuff, release, kaboom !
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch View Post
    I'm all for due process too. But in some cases exceptions have to be made. The Somali pirates have been getting away with murder, literally, for a long time. They prey on innocent people and too many bleeding hearts don't think that ships should be armed and able to protect themselves. Self preservation comes before due process.
    Hmmm. Now what if the same practice applied to other incidents of piracy, terrorism, commercial and private crimes. Our (respective) Canadian and US penal systems are way overcrowded, overfunded (or is that under- ?) and makes a small, if noticeable, dent on the prevention of crime and abatement of criminal activities, let alone have any real influence on educating those at risk of crime.

Ha, this reminds me of a lame commercial from the '80s:

The narrator was on drugs ...... it shoulda been: "This is butter melting in a hot pan. This is an egg being fried in butter in a hot pan. Now we're reaching for the pork ....... from the bottom of the pork barrel"
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Ken, why are your last couple posts doubles?

Saab(s)
    Ken, why are your last couple posts doubles?
    What doubles, I don't see no doubles

Happens every now and then. I make a new post, I get the message I had just tried to make two posts within 30 seconds of each other, so wait for blah, blah, blah. After 30 seconds I re-post and voila, two double posts. PM'd Wulf about it, haven't heard back yet.

For now I just delete the double when this happens.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Sorry for the delay Ken. I was camping and off the grid for the last few days and didn't have internet access. Actually, besides a very poor connection in a cheap motel, I haven't been online since last Saturday morning.

The double-posting is a known issue. It's weird it only recently started happening and it was a problem in earlier vBulletin versions. I don't know if it has to do with the latest software upgrade or perhaps something with our new hosting provider.
    http://saabworld.net/f26/vbulletin-s...-upgrade-2263/

Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Sorry for the delay Ken. I was camping and off the grid for the last few days and didn't have internet access. Actually, besides a very poor connection in a cheap motel, I haven't been online since last Saturday morning.

The double-posting is a known issue. It's weird it only recently started happening and it was a problem in earlier vBulletin versions. I don't know if it has to do with the latest software upgrade or perhaps something with our new hosting provider.
    http://saabworld.net/f26/vbulletin-s...-upgrade-2263/
    Thanks Wulf. Where did you go off grid ? New Jersey ?

Glad to know it's not my computer. Hope you can resolve it resolve it with your host provider your host provider ..........

Saab(s)
    2002 9 5 Aero
    I have watched the video and I couldn´t see the pirates anywhere on it sent back to their dhow and then blown up. All I could see is they were sitting hadcuffed on the flight deck of the Russian warship, so what I mean is, did the Russians really put them on board the dhow and then blew it up?.

Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 9-5 Turbo4 Premium, 6 spd manual
    Quote Originally Posted by SaabKen View Post
    It was due process ..... catch, confiscate, handcuff, release, kaboom !

Hmmm. Now what if the same practice applied to other incidents of piracy, terrorism, commercial and private crimes. Our (respective) Canadian and US penal systems are way overcrowded, overfunded (or is that under- ?) and makes a small, if noticeable, dent on the prevention of crime and abatement of criminal activities, let alone have any real influence on educating those at risk of crime.

Ha, this reminds me of a lame commercial from the '80s:

The narrator was on drugs ...... it shoulda been: "This is butter melting in a hot pan. This is an egg being fried in butter in a hot pan. Now we're reaching for the pork ....... from the bottom of the pork barrel"
    Well, at least you won't have any repeat offenders :p

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    I have watched the video and I couldn´t see the pirates anywhere on it sent back to their dhow and then blown up. All I could see is they were sitting hadcuffed on the flight deck of the Russian warship, so what I mean is, did the Russians really put them on board the dhow and then blew it up?.
    \\

The pirates were on their own ship. The Russians wouldn't be searching for and finding all those weapons on their own ship. Plus, the guy thats shot in the leg can clearly be heard saying that it's a fishing boat and the Russian calls him a liar. Other than their own word, we have no definitive proof of what happened, but it's not something I'd put past the Russians.

Saab(s)
    ..... the guy thats shot in the leg can clearly be heard saying that it's a fishing boat .........
    One helluva way to fish with all those AK-47s

For the large muthas in the water, use the RPGs !

Zoltan Szabo
    Saab(s)
    2001 Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon, 2003 Saab 9-5 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by SaabKen View Post
    One helluva way to fish with all those AK-47s

For the large muthas in the water, use the RPGs !
    Poor Somalian fishermen can`t afford fishing rods..
    --profile under construction--