Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialTool View Post
    My thoughts on the 9-4X? Probably irrelevant as I think only ****heads buy crossovers.
    Why's that? I think a crossover is more of a proper vehicle then the 9-7 was for Saab. No need for over sized trucks as grocery getters.... If you seriously have something to pull, buy a real truck. If you have a spoiled little brat - put them in the back of a Station Wagon and teach them some manners. If you have some older kids and have a need for a larger vehicle - gravel or dirt roads or just long trips with lots of cargo - I see a Cross-over as the way to deny your want of a station wagon. Ramble over... I would much rather a crossover then an SUV on the road in front of me or next to me. I like to be able to see the road ahead...
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    OK, I admit.. I like crossovers because of their height and ground clearance. And it is easier to go places like dirt roads where you wouldn't normally go with a 9-5 Aero. And there are a lot of those back roads in Michigan. I am not near old age yet but I do like how easy it is to get in and out of a taller vehicle.

I have had a few SUVs in the past and didn't like the handling and fuel economy of them. I think a crossover like this would fit my needs and wants very well. Even more than a wagon. I better start saving now..!

Short walk-around video from the LA TImes: 2011 Saab 9-4X -- latimes.com

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I'll have mine in Atlantic Blue with the 18" wheels please!

http://www.saab.com/global/en/start#/Cars/9-4x/intro

Name:  blue9-4x.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  52.3 KB

Red with the 20" wheels is pretty nice as well.

Name:  red9-4x.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  55.7 KB

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Last edited by nordwulf; 17 November 2010 at 18:05.

Saab(s)
    88 900 Turbo Cnvt SiS
    I like it, I have been in SUV's for the past 8 years, and have gotten used to having a little hight to see better in traffic. The design looks nice, and depending on what happens with the 9-3, may be what I buy in 2012 when its time to change the daily driver.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Short walk-around video from the LA TImes: 2011 Saab 9-4X -- latimes.com
    Oh great, a journalist who reads off the teleprompter without thinking/knowing what she's reading ...... "Thirty eight thousand and 50 grand" for the 9-4X [knocks on her head: "hello ... hello ?!?"]
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    I do admit that I've loved the look and concept of this car since it's initial press release a few years back. Photo's make it look really nice - I hope it's just as nice in person. Again - wish they would offer it with either a Diesel or a 4Cylinder varient - until then I am not even interested in owning it at this point. I was really hoping to buy one too.... I keep an article on the side of my tool box for it when it was going to be the bio-powered 300hp Ecotech 2.0T XWD. That would motivate me to get right into one with those specs.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab(s)
    88 900 Turbo Cnvt SiS
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsside42 View Post
    Again - wish they would offer it with either a Diesel or a 4Cylinder varient
    Hopefully they will have more engine options down the road when they expand suppliers from GM. To get a new model out, even if it is a re-badge out with the transition to Spyker is good to see.

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6

Saab 9-4X introduction, Video

Last edited by jlrSAAB; 17 November 2010 at 20:57.

LA 2010: Saab 9-4X is another glimpse of good fortune for Trollhättan

Filed under: LA Auto Show, Crossover, Saab, Luxury

LA 2010: 2012 Saab 9-4X - Click above for high-res image gallery

Saab is looking to move forward after its long relationship with General Motors. Saab CEO Victor Muller quoted Winston Churchill today at the LA Auto Show saying "If you're going through hell... keep going." Muller says that Saab has gone through hell and is seeing the light on the other side. The 2012 Saab 9-4X is the latest taste of what "new" Saab has in store for us.

The 9-4X takes aim at the luxury crossover segment and is prepared to do battle withs some heavies, such as the Audi Q5, Lexus RX and BMW X3. It's chock full of upmarket goodness like eight-way power adjustable seats, Bluetooth connectivity and a tri-zone climate control system; all part of the standard features list.

The exterior styling stays true to what we see with the Saab 9-5 sedan, and clearly states that the vehicle comes from a line of sporty cars. To match this style, the under-hood offerings come in two spirited flavors: a naturally-aspirated 265-horsepower 3.0-liter V6 and a direct-injection, turbocharged 2.8-liter V6 that pumps out 300 hp. Both engines are mated to a six-speed automatic gearbox that feeds all four wheels through Saab's XWD system.

It wasn't just the 9-4X on the menu at the 2010 LA Auto Show. We learned that the 9-5 wagon is set to make its debut at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show next March, Saab is expanding distribution into China and Russia and all operations have officially been moved to Trollhättan. It's also the first time in Saab's history that the 9-3 convertible has been built on Swedish ground.

Hop the jump to find out more about the 2012 Saab 9-4X, and stay tuned for more from this now-independent Swedish automaker in the near future.

Gallery: LA 2010: 2012 Saab 9-4X

Photos copyright (C)2010 Jeff Glucker / AOL

[Source: Saab]Continue reading LA 2010: Saab 9-4X is another glimpse of good fortune for Trollhättan

LA 2010: Saab 9-4X is another glimpse of good fortune for Trollhättan originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 17 Nov 2010 20:56:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...