Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Mike Colleran, President and COO of Saab Cars North America provides a recap of all of the activities surrounding the Los Angeles International Auto Show. During press days, the new 9-4X Sport Crossover was officially unveiled as well as the 9-4X pre-order iPad program for the U.S. market, to find out more information on the program, visit http://www.saabreg.com/preorder94x/

Andy Graham
    modérateur
    Saab(s)
    '88 vert, '88 Aero
    Ooh yeah it's sporty 'cause the name says so.

Jeff
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9.3 conv 2002 , Saab 900T16 1989, Saab 900T8 1981 , Saab 99CC 1977, Saab 95V4 1969 , Saab 96
    Dynamic program !

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    '90 900 LPT with a flat-nose conversion
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsside42
    I want that c900 lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfhunter View Post
    Hello my friend .I'm the newbie here .I love your vintage cross-over
    I never realized so many people would like that style of c900. It took me years to find a pair of stock mudflaps like that! I should really post a picture of my own car, eh. I'm waiting until it gets some mud/snow on it.

On a serious note, in a lot of ways, the c900 is one of the world's first crossovers. As Wulf says of crossovers, the c900 does not excel at one task, but can sorta do just about anything. Given this heritage, why, in this community of loyalists, do we get some crossover hate?

Near as I can tell, it's because SAAB has a heritage as a trendsetter, not a trend-follower--and crossovers are clearly a trend that SAAB is following. I hope they succeed with the 9-4x. It was probably quite cheap to tool up and design anyway, and it'll be a chance to compete with other high-end crossovers and get their name out there. I also hope they look at what the hipsters over on Jalopnik have to say about setting trends, and try to set some themselves.
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Frank
    Saab(s)
    This kind of reporting just annoys me big time..

LA Auto Show: 2011 Saab 9-4X, the Cadillac of Saabs - NYTimes.com

What is it? Saab’s first crossover, which was built on the Cadillac SRX platform.
    How’s it look? It’s a 9-3X with a glandular disorder. (what does he even mean with that?)

No.... the SRX and 9-4X are built on the same platform. I bet he doesn't even know what that means and why it really is insignificant.. dumbass reporter..

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Just added to Youtube.

The all new Saab 9-4X in a product review by John Libbos, Product Manager at Saab Cars North America. John will give you a little more details on what to expect for the U.S. market.

Preorder Saab 9-4X, get a free iPad?

Filed under: Car Buying, Etc., Marketing/Advertising, Crossover, Saab, Luxury

2012 Saab 9-4X - Click above for high-res image gallery

Saab is giving the 500 people the chance to pre-order a Saab 9-4X with an Apple iPad thrown in once they take delivery of Trollhättan's latest. At the 9-4X pre-order site, you can register to have an area dealer get in touch with you. You'll be contacted in mid-January to set up an appointment and place your order for an iPad, which will cost you $500, plus tax. On top of that $500, you'll put a deposit down on the 9-4X as well - an amount to be determined by the dealer.

So where's the love, you ask? If you take delivery of the vehicle, Saab will discount the price of your vehicle deposit and the $500 price of that 16GB wifi iPad (which costs $499 at the Apple store). If you change your mind and don't take delivery, the dealer will refund the vehicle deposit and you get to keep the iPad... that you paid for. Either way, you lose nothing and you gain an iPad. If you don't want the iPad you can pre-order anyway if you're one of the first 500.

Got it? Good. The program runs from January 15 to February 28, 2011, so you have some time to work out the math and your iPad need. Or more precisely, you have until 500 other people get in line before you. Hat tip to Ben!

Gallery: LA 2010: 2012 Saab 9-4X

Photos copyright (C)2010 Jeff Glucker / AOL
    [Source: Saab]Preorder Saab 9-4X, get a free iPad? originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 22 Nov 2010 07:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Quote Originally Posted by euromobile900 View Post
    With spring spacers, mine sits about two inches higher off the ground than this.
    Just sayin
    Spring spacers 'eh? How do they work? Looked up some pictures and looks like they just go on the very last coil... am I right? How do they affect your handling? Still on the stock shocks?