Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Todd
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 Aero VTuner Stage 0
    Though Ferrara was a comedian? Certainly wasn't anything funny in the entire episode. I found the filming ot be dreadful. Get some better camera mounts at least! I don't think I'll be watching any further episodes.

On a side note, did it catch anyone else off guard that the steering wheel was on the left in the Suzuki?

Wrestrepo
    Not too thrilled about the show....I will keep watching to see how they evolve though....and yes, I believe that they are trying to "be" the British show a bit too much.

Wrestrepo
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmTodd View Post
    Though Ferrara was a comedian? Certainly wasn't anything funny in the entire episode. I found the filming ot be dreadful. Get some better camera mounts at least! I don't think I'll be watching any further episodes.

On a side note, did it catch anyone else off guard that the steering wheel was on the left in the Suzuki?
    I thought that the Suzu was AWD.....

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    05 9⁵ AERO, 05 9⁵ AERO Combi
    I too was disappointed with the show. They tried too hard in format and hosts to be like the UK version and in my opinion failed and failed badly. Foust was ok but the other 2 were pretty terrible and crude.
    I don't know why they try so hard to copy the UK version. Why not do something original and fresh?

+1 for Buzz owning a Saab!!

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    For those who missed it - it air's again tonight @ 9PM EST. I hope to catch it this time. 10PM is too late for me as I am in bed usually by 9PM!
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    My first opinion was pretty negative but it is still a good car show. The only other auto TV show is Motorweek and I sometimes have a hard time keeping my eyes open when watching that show. There are many food channels on TV. Why can't we have a car channel? Too bad the Speed Channel changed to Nascar Channel..

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Last night's episode was a big improvement over the first one. Seemed to flow more smoothly, but still not a great show. They do take great shots though and have great angles and scenes (the Aston Martin in the dried up lake bed... some cool shots there). My complaints: A)The hosts just seem like a weird bunch... none of which are all that great at hosting a show. I feel Tanner Foust is trying to pronounce and enunciate every word as clear as possible, instead of just hosting the show. B) What's up with all the narrating? It's weird. It's like they have to explain everything they are doing. But what's worse, they don't talk as they are doing it, it's added in after it's been filmed. Annoying if you ask me. C) They don't really review the car they have. It got close with the Mitsubishi Evo, but other than that, it's like for all the other cars "It's a small car with a big engine! So it goes fast!" Yeah, I get it, tell me more about what you don't like about the car, and what you do. D) Basically every car on the show so far has been a super car... how about a real one? Or at least, a semi-reasonable one, the Mitsubishi is the only one so far. E) Not enough cars in the show, they only mention/talk about three or four cars in the entire show, that's it. F) Drop the "we are solely going for the wow-factor" G) Try to take a step away from the British Version.

I think the show can become a great one, just needs to improve, and I think the second episode was a massive improvement over the first one which I thought was painfully awkward (mostly caused by the hosts).

Wrestrepo
    I did not finish watching...I just don't like it.....the sad thing is that I will probably continue to record it and watch it occasionally.
    I can't wait to see what they do with the "challenges" I bet they won't try to imitate the British on this episode.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Top Gear Eps. # 2 - improvement over the first. I enjoyed the second show much better - still not even close to the original.

I'm not likeing the cast - they just aren't that funny. Adam Ferrera is the worst cast member of the three in my opinion.

I think the problem is - we are all used to the UK based show which favored European machines - now it's a US based version trying to mix American & European. It's tough to please us I think - the main viewing audience here just wants to see 90% Euopean cars since they are better then the cars here usually.

Props on last nights show - I liked the Lancer bit, but would have been better if the 2011 STI was also in the mix - see which would have done better on the ski slope...

Here's to next week!
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Jared
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-5 ARC ( and care-taker of a '98 900SE)
    I gotta say, episode 3 was kinda funny. They are progressively getting better.
    I don't drive fast...I fly slow