Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Top Gear USA is starting to find its rhythm, which is a good thing because the show has a lot of promise. Like Hirsch said, the first ten seasons of Top Gear UK weren't their best...

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    I've started watching Top Gear USA again. It's decent. It seems they've given up on car reviews and car news all together. Now they only do a challenge, and then the Big Star, Small Car. It's somewhat entertaining as long as you don't expect a car show, and think of it as somewhat of a car challenge show.
    I watched the last 2 shows.. what a disappointment. The challenges and Star/Car are my least favorite parts anyways so there isn't anything left in that show for me. It's Fifth Gear and TG UK (most parts) on Netflix for me these days. And the occasional Motorweek episode.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Looks like Jerry Sinfeld might be making a new tv show about "Cars and Comics". I'm excited! I don't think it will be review based, but sounds like it will be more about people and talking about cars of their past and stuff... sounds good, I hope.
    Jerry Seinfeld's New TV Show Is About 'Comics And Cars'
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Jalopnik doesn't sound too positive about it. Why can't there be a serious car show in the US? You know, a show that actually talsk about interesting car stuff instead of comics trying to be funny and presenters that are not funny and trying to be comics? My vote is for Fifth Gear USA, but that probably won't happen. It requires an attention span of more than 10 minutes at a time and that won't work on US network TV. I love my Roku with Netflix and Amazon Prime without commercials.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    When the British Top Gear takes things seriously (when the did the Saab farewell for example), it's the best. I do laugh at a lot of the humor, but I do find myself saying "this is so set up!" to a lot of the other stuff.

Give us a show with some news about the motoring world and industry, review a couple new cars (both affordable and both crazy expensive ones) and maybe have a track you test them on to see how they stand up compared to the rest. Even maybe go back and review some cars from the past. But you can keep most of your challenges.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Alex Andrews (Lex)
    Saab(s)
    ‘02 9-5 Aero, ‘16 Skoda Superb SE-L Exec.
    We've had one of the work cars on screen and it's been round the Top Gear test track. If anyone looks for the episode Season 10 Ep 5, where he dives the Caparo T1. At 1.22 onward s for about 10sec, it's also the one that shows the rear qtr window and the "Transplants Saves Lives".
    A little bit of trivial knowledge for you all.
    More things change. The more they stay the same.