Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

Car shows on TV

I didn't have much of an opinion on this before but now I am getting excited about Top Gear USA. I like the UK version but sometimes the format gets a bit old. Not to mention Clarkson and Hammond annoy me at times..

I used to live a few miles from the old El Toro air base where it is taped and it seems like a perfect location for such a show. Perhaps it's even going to be better than the UK version.

Top Gear USA could just become your second favorite automotive television show

Last edited by nordwulf; 22 September 2011 at 14:38. Reason: Changed thread title

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Top Gear USA Series Premiere is Sunday November 21 at 10pm.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave 37 View Post
    Consider adding it to the birthday calender then remind the readership a day or two before of the new show and also the channel.
    Go ahead and add it. I know it is possible to set a reminder for a calendar event but I don't know if that's for all the members or just the member who set the reminder.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    It will also show today's events from the calendar in the What's Going On section at the bottom of the main forum page.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Interesting article on the NY Times website. I am ready for a different Top Gear.

http://tv.nytimes.com/2010/11/20/art...on/20gear.html

Saab(s)
    88 900 Turbo Cnvt SiS
    I am looking forward to it. Hopefully they take the best from the original, remember that the US audience is a little different than the UK, then make it our own

Andy Graham
    modérateur
    Saab(s)
    '88 vert, '88 Aero
    As the producers of Top Gear Australia have found, trying to reproduce May, Clarkson and Hammond's unique chemistry is a very big ask. The best you may be able to hope for is a passable imitation.

(TGA is in its third series now and each series has featured a different threesome -- although one guy has stayed constant -- as they struggle to find the right combination. It certainly makes you appreciate how good the UK three are at making the difficult look so easy)

Wrestrepo
    Premiering tonight!!!!!

Todd
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 Aero VTuner Stage 0
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialTool View Post
    (TGA is in its third series now and each series has featured a different threesome -- although one guy has stayed constant -- as they struggle to find the right combination. It certainly makes you appreciate how good the UK three are at making the difficult look so easy)
    This is the whole reason why I am not excited or have high expectations for TGA. I wish they would have created their own format for the show so it would be unique.

Hard to replace TGUK since I have been watching it for the better part of 6 years and have seen the trio in person - Top Gear Live in London.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Filming and locations were good but that's about the only positives.. Too bad they couldn't find presenters with personality, a sense of humor and a bit more class. Do they buy their clothes at Walmart? At least they had better haircuts than their British counterparts.

I really wanted to to like this show but only Foust has some credibility. Replace Wood and Ferrara and the show may have a chance to make it past the first season.

At least we know now Buzz Aldrin owned a Saab Sonett...!