Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

Welcome SaabWorld visitors and members!

SaabWorld was started at the end of August 2010. It was time for a new forum with new content and features. We're glad you stopped by if this is your first visit. And it makes us even happier when you return.

Here is an overview of SaabWorld and what makes it different among other Saab forums. I hope I don't sound too much like a salesman but I can't help it.

Global forum
    There are several Saab forums where English is the common language. While the US, Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom are probably going to be the main countries, we would like to unite Saab enthusiast all over the world. The regional boards can be used for making contact with members in your region or country and announce/discuss Saab events. Saab Clubs can ask for their own board to make it easier to communicate with their members.

Please don't be intimidated if your knowledge of English is not perfect. Your knowledge of English is probably much better than our knowledge of your native language. I have been in the US for 16 years now and I still mess up all the time.

Latest vBulletin software
    There are many features and functionality in the the latest vBulletin version 4. SaabWorld also use the CMS (Content Management System) of the software. The front page and user blogs are the main parts of the CMS software.
    http://saabworld.net/content.php

Search
    There are many advanced search options to search all forum, blog and article content.
    http://saabworld.net/search.php

Member blogs
    Ever wanted to start your own Saab blog? Or just organize information about your Saab(s) that normally gets lost in the regular forums? There are other sites where you can set up a blog free of charge but it is often difficult to build up an audience. And have your visitors return when new content is posted. There already is an audience here at SaabWorld so starting and maintaining a blog never has been easier.
    http://saabworld.net/blog.php

Social networking
    You can link your SaabWorld account with your Facebook account. When you post a new thread or blog entry, you can automatically have it appear on Facebook as well. Very easy way to share with your friends. Blog entries and threads with content interesting for a larger group of people will be tweeted and posted on Facebook under the SaabWorld accounts. There are already 70+ followers on our Twitter account and 50+ on Facebook. Using these social networking sites also submits data to all the major search engines so there is a higher possibility someone else will find your threads and blog.
    SaabWorld on Twitter and Facebook

Images and other files
    There are virtually no limits on storage space for image and other files (like PDF). You can make your own photo albums and easily upload images from your computer which can be used in forum posts. Linking to pictures on other sites is possible as well.

Saab Talk, Tech Talk and Clubhouse forums
    The forum names already give a good description what these are all about. Saab Talk is for any Saab news or other Saab-related discussions. Tech Talk is for general technical discussions that can apply to many different models. Think about oil, tires, tools and any other car-related topics. The Clubhouse is for everything else. Hang out and meet with other Saab enthusiasts. Just enjoy yourself talking about anything.

Tutorials and FAQs
    The goal is to have a comprehensive tutorial/FAQ section for each model with an index so it is easy to find stuff. Many of the FAQs and tutorials on other forums are not categorized very well. Nobody wants to read through 100s of posts to find that one step-by-step tutorial he/she is looking for. The same questions are often being asked and answered over and over again and well-organized boards and threads should save time and effort.

The Archives
    The plan is to make it the best resource for Saab brochures, magazine articles, ads, press releases, videos, images and so on. Any member can contribute and we already have a lot of content on there. Please read the announcement in the Archives forum before you submit any new content.
    http://saabworld.net/forumdisplay.php/86-The-Archives

The Garage
    This is quite a powerful add-on to the site. It's basically a place where you can show off your car, list all your modifications, keep track of fuel records and service. A lot of the data is linked. If you search for a certain modification, you can see all cars that have that modification installed. Same for products from a certain manufacturer. Please check out the Garage FAQs for more detailed information: http://saabworld.net/faq.php?faq=saa...q_introduction

Classifieds
    Most forums have a classifieds system which is just a regular forum board. The Classifieds on SaabWorld are a separate area with specific geographic regions. All classifieds have specific areas for pictures, standard information and a detailed description. Among the many features is a feedback system so it is easy to see the previous sales/purchases and reputation of buyers and sellers. Check it out here: http://saabworld.net/classifieds.php

Run by the moderators and members
    The moderator team decides about the daily operations and the future of SaabWorld. Active members should feel free to make suggestions or comment on changes/decisions at any time. You decide what is best for SaabWorld. The moderation team should be active, be able to react to changes quickly and respond to the needs and wants of all the members. We can't guarantee we can make everybody happy but at least we can try.

Keywords: Saab värld, welt, wereld, monde, svijet, svět, verden, maailma, maailman, მსოფლიოში, κόσμο, világ, heim, mondo, 世界, 세계, świata, mundo, lume, мире, свет, svetu, โลก, світі, thế giới
    Last edited by nordwulf; 09 March 2011 at 22:50. Reason: Added Garage and Classifieds info

Richard Schalij
    Saab(s)
    SAABless but have owned two new SAABs(07 9-3 2.0T&08 9-3Aero)
    Nice work !
    WHY YES, I DO HEEL AND TOE
    CURRENT WHEELS:Alpine Weiss E92(COUPE)328I(N52)SPORT 6MT,TWO NEW SAABS PREVIOUSLY,MANY OTHER CARS BEFORE, PORSCHE 951S for instance , I DROVE THEM ALL LIKE IT WAS LE MANS

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennsport1 View Post
    Nice work !
    welcome to Saabworld

Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD
    I want to tell everyone here, thanks for a great site! I love the look and the feedback, hopefully others from other sites will begin posting here and we can get this site really up to snuff! Great work to all involved!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ----John Lennon

Hi All am new to this site and from Singapore in Asia. I just own a Saab 93 LPT Linear model 2005 and hope to learn more about this great car

carlos
    Saab(s)
    9-3 aero 2000 205 hp
    there i am with my saab
    Name:  DSCF0955.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  34.6 KB

Saab(s)
    2001 Saab 9-3 Convertible
    Hi SaabWorld! I am new to the site. I purchased a 2001 9-3 convertible for my daughter and it needs some work. So it's my project. Having a few issues with the top and the engine light is on, other than that. ...I am on my way. If you have any suggestions let me know! Glad to be here!

I am trying to find out how to change a timing belt 2001 93

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by Behorsee1 View Post
    I am trying to find out how to change a timing belt 2001 93
    Please post a new thread in the Workshop forum for your model.