Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less

SaabWorld stickers

Name:  WP_20130422_001.jpg
Views: 895
Size:  29.6 KB

If you live in the United States: To get your sticker, please send a self addressed and stamped envelope to:

Michael Rhode
    484 Cedarwood Ter.
    Rochester NY 14609

If you live out of the United States, please PM me.
    Last edited by Shazam; 07 May 2015 at 15:29. Reason: Change Address

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Thanks very much for doing this. I'll post a picture as soon as I have it on my Saab.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Here is what they look like... I tried to include a little bit of the car to give it some sort of scale, but all I've got is a cellphone camera. Don't look at the peeling black pillar tape!
    Name:  1026101359.jpg
Views: 2237
Size:  32.7 KB

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I received them today already. Now I have to figure out where I am going to put them on my car. It's seems to be the perfect size. I'll take picture when they're on.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    I received them today already. Now I have to figure out where I am going to put them on my car. It's seems to be the perfect size. I'll take picture when they're on.
    Yeah, they turned out to be perfect size. The company I got the stickers from is planning on putting them on their website so SaabWorldians will be able to purchase them in a large variety of colors if you would like. I know white might be hard to see for people that don't have tinted windows and don't like stickers on the actual car.

Scott Hutchings
    Too much to do, no time! SaabScott's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2009 9-7X 5.3i
    Got mine today!
    Thanks very much Michael.

Two questions for you ... only had a very quick look at them.
    How do you install them?
    Have you found any issue with the window rolling down?
    I was thinking of installing them in the same spot you have them but I don't want to do that if it is going to cause problems.
    President, The Saab Club of Canada
    www.SaabClub.ca

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Nope, haven't had a problem with them coming off, or other stickers I've had their before. If you are afraid, you can always put them on the rear-most side window, it seems to be common for people with wagons.

Step 1) Carefully separate the blue and white pieces with the sticker in between them. The sticker should stay attached to the white side, while the blue side just comes off... due it slowly. (The now exposed side of the sticker is, well... sticky!)
    Step 2) Holding the white paper (if you are holding it, it should be readable to you... it goes on the outside of the car... or the inside if you plan on having your passengers read it), press it down on the car/surface, wherever you would like it to be stuck. Do it lightly first, to make sure you've got it just straight. If you need to readjust it, careful so the letters don't tear. Once you've got it good, push it down good and smooth. Before you pull off the white paper, it's a good idea to "squeegee" across it with a credit card so you can get any air bubbles out. Then, carefully pull off the white paper. The sticker should stick to the window, and the paper comes clean off. Just be careful that the sticker doesn't try to run away with the white paper.

Sounds tricky, but very easy. Another tip, if you want it straight, it's often best to trim the blue and white papers first (such as cutting the bottom flat) before you do anything. Makes it much easier.

Still confused?
    http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...ker&FORM=VIRE1

Scott Hutchings
    Saab(s)
    2009 9-7X 5.3i
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    Nope, haven't had a problem with them coming off, or other stickers I've had their before. If you are afraid, you can always put them on the rear-most side window, it seems to be common for people with wagons.

I have other stickers there ... SOC, club, etc.
    Never thought I would put ANY stickers on my car, let alone this many!!!

I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
    www.SaabClub.ca

Scott Hutchings
    Saab(s)
    2009 9-7X 5.3i
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    it goes on the outside of the car

Oh.
    I didn't notice that (until I tried to put them on - thought they were backwards).

Will have to give some thought to this as it now changes everything (do I want to put something on the outside? how will it hold up to washing, salt, etc? if I still want to put them on, well now I have the whole car to use ... where do they go???)
    The material seems very much like the stuff for the lettering on my calipers ... and they are all still intact and white (when clean) after about 18 months, including 3 driving schools, a 3,000 mile round trip to SOC09, and 1 Canadian winter.
    www.SaabClub.ca

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    It's vinyl material, and they are made to go on the outside of cars, and if put on a clean/non-rusting surface, they should last years. An ice scraper will be a sure killer to it though. I've had several vinyl stickers on the fairing of my roof rack, and they are still fine... a little covered with bugs, but they clean off... I'm also thinking about asking if they will print some in mirror image so they can be put on the inside of windows if people like.