Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

Failed Login Notification on SaabWorld

There have been some brute force attacks on SaabWorld user accounts in the last few weeks. It looks like spam bots are trying to guess passwords but they are automatically blocked after 5 tries.

There isn't really anything we can do to stop this as there is no pattern in the IP addresses. They are all different in the reports I received from members. Just make sure you have a strong password and all should be fine. I haven't seen any account abuse by spam bots so far but please let me know if you see something suspicious with your account.

This is the automated email you may get:

Dear ______ ,

Someone has tried to log into your account on SaabWorld with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: xx.xx.xx.xx

All the best,
    SaabWorld

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I deleted over 5000 user accounts that were registered before September 2014 and never many any posts in the forum. Cleaning up these old inactive accounts will reduce the number of spammers that registered a while ago. It will also reduce the number of emails sent out to these dormant user accounts.

Saab(s)
    '01 LPT wagon (RIP), '05 Aero (gone), '07 XC70!
    Yup, got that email this morning. It blames IP

You should be able to block a whole range of IPs if there is a consistent pattern.