Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    06' 9-5 Sportcombi, 06' Sport Sedan

My wife's new car!

A while back I picked up a 06' 9-5 Sportcombi that has been super awesome to drive. Well since then my wife picked up a 9-2x which was a fun car but rough on the backside when hitting bumps.

So a few days ago I decided to look around for another car for her. And guess what I found about a hour away? The exact same car as mine, except this has black interior and it is a sedan. Also almost the same mileage as mine too. Kind of crazy to find both of these cars within a hour drive from our house and they are kinfolk.

I already ordered some stuff for her car so far but I haven't decided if I am going to get her a aftermarket BSR exhaust yet. But the 60k service is first line of business so that will be done soon.

Well here are some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Congrats on the new family member!

It would be cool to see the sedan and combi in the same picture. Fusion Blue is still my favorite color and looks great on the 9-5. You mentioned you were looking for the silver center console cover. Did you find it or is it still a hard-to-find part?

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post

I already ordered some stuff for her car so far but I haven't decided if I am going to get her a aftermarket BSR exhaust yet. But the 60k service is first line of business so that will be done soon.
    your wife must be very happy;

congrats for the new car,,,, looks nice.

is the BSR for your wife?

enjoy the ride

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Wulf, I don't have the part number any more to try and track down the center console cover. I looked back thru all my old emails and no luck. Would you happen to have it? Also I did run into another issue, I was trying to order parts for a 60k service on the wife's car and the only belt eeuroparts says it uses is the "short version". Is this true? Thanks ahead of time for any help.

The BSR will go on the wife's new car since I already have the BSR duals on the Sportcombi.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Here is a pic of my Sportcombi. I will get some pics of both of them togethor when I get home next month.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Wulf, I don't have the part number any more to try and track down the center console cover. I looked back thru all my old emails and no luck. Would you happen to have it?
    Part number is 32025588. A quick search shows this site has it. Still more expensive than it was a few years ago but I think it's worth it. I just couldn't stand that cheap black plastic.
    http://www.gmpartsdepartment.com/par...catalogid=5522

Perhaps other places can order it? eEuroparts had to special order when I bought it from them. Send them an email.

Also I did run into another issue, I was trying to order parts for a 60k service on the wife's car and the only belt eeuroparts says it uses is the "short version". Is this true? Thanks ahead of time for any help.

The BSR will go on the wife's new car since I already have the BSR duals on the Sportcombi.
    This thread should answer your question on the pulley. You can remove the upper engine mount and see if you have the center pulley or not. You may not even have to remove the engine mount and use a flashlight to see.
    http://saabworld.net/showthread.php/...ne-belt-change

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Wulf, I wish I could check and see about the belt but the only person at home is the wife. And I won't be home until the end of next month. I was just hoping I could order the parts before hand. Oh well I will just wait on that part then.

I just emailed eeuroparts to see if they can get the surround. But I will also check with saabpartsusa to since I order alot of stuff from them too. Thanks again for the part number Wulf!
    Last edited by toxicavenger; 29 October 2010 at 20:09. Reason: spelling

Scott Hutchings
    Too much to do, no time! SaabScott's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2009 9-7X 5.3i
    Same here .. favourite colour ... sort of ticked it was dropped for a while.

Nice to see the family growning there toxic!
    Nice choices and good taste runs deep in your family I see! ;-)
    President, The Saab Club of Canada
    www.SaabClub.ca

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    This thread should answer your question on the pulley. You can remove the upper engine mount and see if you have the center pulley or not. You may not even have to remove the engine mount and use a flashlight to see.
    Toxic, if your wife can open the hood and work a flash light, she should be able to check for you. I'm pretty sure (don't hold me to it! I've only peeked under the hood of a 9-5 once, and I think I remember being able to see it) if you tell her to look on the passenger side of the engine, underneath the mount (could be blocking it), she should be able to see if the belt runs straight across, or if it dips down like it's going to another pulley.
    Left vs Right:

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I just checked and you can't see the belt or center pulley with the engine mount in place. An easier way to check is to put your hand under the engine mount and you can feel if the belt goes horizontally between the two top pulleys as shown in Shazam's illustration. Depending on the size of your hands, you can either try the front or the back of the mount.

I know it goes without saying but... I'll say it anyways.. Only do this when the engine is not running...!

Name:  P1100093.jpg
Views: 2053
Size:  60.4 KB
    Last edited by nordwulf; 30 October 2010 at 00:44.