Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Are you sure you bought it? I bet the bidders on the auction would like to disagree..
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=320607528978

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    06' 9-5 Sportcombi, 06' Sport Sedan
    @saabscott, thanks bro. I actually was talking to my wife before about dumping the 9-2x but she really doesn't like to sell cars as frequently as I do. But this car has totally won her over, so it is a good choice IMO. And the fusion blue is one of my favorite colors too!
    @shazam, thanks for the info on the belt. I will get her to do like Wulf had mentioned so I can get one ordered asap.

@Wulf, thanks again for you great assistence! Hey I was going to tell you I am waiting back for a reply from the GM site you sent me about the center console trim you sent me. I did use that part number to check with eeuroparts and saabpartsusa and they both told me the part is back order. So it seems that part has been on back order for about year now. Pretty crazy.

Oh and sucks that people are still bidding on that car since it is in my driveway!!

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)

Here are a few more pics. Hopefully I can take some better ones later.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Very nice! I was never a fan of the 2006-2009 9-5's but I'll admit, your two are very nice. FYI - I have two hood emblems posted in the sale section
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    I actually ordered a new hood emblem but they got lost in the mail, so I am waiting on some more to get here.

Now if you like your 01' 9-5 then believe me you will love a 06' model! Thanks again, Terry.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Great looking pair of 9-5s. I sometimes miss my 2006 9-5 because it definitely had some nice improvements from the <=2005 models. Any luck yet on the console trim? I posted a picture of the old and new trim in my garage. Such a difference.

SaabWorld - Saab forums, media, blog, news, archive - Saab Garage

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Actually no luck on that trim since also the GM parts site you sent me is also out of stock on them.

Hey Wulf's I didn't know if you noticed but on my wife's car it has the silver trim on the doors are painted black and also the the silver on the (Sport model) steering wheel is also black. I haven't seen this before on ther 06's out there, kind of cool actually.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post
    I actually ordered a new hood emblem but they got lost in the mail, so I am waiting on some more to get here.

Now if you like your 01' 9-5 then believe me you will love a 06' model! Thanks again, Terry.
    I've driven many of them when they came out - I worked @ a Saab dealer for 4 years - Saab tech But yes - they drove well, aside the GM-ed noises and front/rear lights - I like the car. I just cant get past those "chrome" trim around the headlights and the rear lights which aren't lined up correctly The interiors are nice, the car handles and drives great - it's just the GM things . . .

The "Satin" Griffin Edition trim I think looks better - a bit more subtle and more tasteful IMHO
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    You are right the Satin moulding does look better but the price is crazy stupid for them. Heck I might end up just seeing if I can paint mine with some satin paint. The chrome on mine already have some pitting on them as it is.

I do agree that the whole tail light setup doesn't look right, but the front end was a improvement with the lights IMO.

That pic of the silver Saab looks like it is the offroad edition with all the wheel clearence!

If anyone finds a good price on a rear spoiler for a 06' sedan please let me know.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-5 Sportcombi/2003 9-3 Arc
    Nice cars Toxic. Very cool.

As for the chrome I may get bold enough to paint mine with Black Plasticoat. Looking to end up with the same finish that is on the side mirrors. That will have to wait until sring or summer
    Sell Crazy Somewhere Else