Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

Saab in South America

I haven't seen much about Saab in South America after the press release from a while ago. I have seen a few visitors from Argentina and Brazil but no member from that part of the world yet. Are there any Saab forums or clubs in South America?

TROLLHATTAN, Sweden - August 11, 2010: Saab Automobile is seeking to appoint an importer to supply the Mexican, Brazilian, and Argentine markets as it continues to move forward as an independent car manufacturer.

With the newly-launched Saab 9-5 sedan spearheading the biggest new product offensive in the company's history - including the imminent arrival of the Saab 9-4X crossover and 9-5 wagon - the Swedish premium carmaker is now inviting applications for a business partner to represent the brand in Mexico.

The role includes the importation and distribution of Saab cars and parts, the establishment of a national retail network and marketing support.

Saab is already represented in 53 countries around the world and the South American appointments, to be made within the next three months, is part of a major expansion program in the South America region.

"These are exciting times for the Saab franchise as we continue to restructure our international operations," said Adrian Hallmark, Saab Automobile's Executive Director of Sales. "We are now seeking a long-term business partner with knowledge of the automotive market in Mexico. They must share our entrepreneurial approach to business and demonstrate a total commitment to customer service."

As a first step in the recruitment process, Saab has engaged the services of the consultancy firm API LLC, based in the United States, who will begin evaluating potential candidates for an exclusive Saab distribution contract.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    There is a website for Saab Chile but the model information is outdated.

http://www.saabchile.cl/

Warning... loud music when accessing the website. There is a music bar under the Saab logo to turn it off.

Name:  saabchili.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  110.6 KB

It does look like they are selling new and used Saabs.
    http://www.chileautos.cl/automotriznordica/

Name:  chi_PIC_1358.JPG
Views: 503
Size:  26.7 KB
    Last edited by nordwulf; 04 November 2010 at 18:00.

Saab(s)
    1995 9000CS 2.0i / 2009 9-5 2.0t
    I came passed this dealership in Santiago de Chile once, in 2006. Unfortunately I was in the back of a cab then, else I would have stopped and checked it out immediately. I was told it was owned by a Dutchman.
    It supposedly is the sole dealer and importer of the brand in that country, I wonder if they are still in business...

On that same trip I've come across one Saab in the wild in chile, a NG900 in this city of Valdivia, I must have a picture of it somewhere, will post that as soon as i' found it...

Saab(s)
    1995 9000CS 2.0i / 2009 9-5 2.0t
    Got it: Valdivia Chile, January 3 2006
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wrestrepo
    Lived in Bogota for years. There was a Black ~1992-3 black 900S with tan interior that I would see every day on my way to school. That has been the only Saab I've ever seen in Colombia, and always wondered who the heck would own that car?

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    I spent two weeks in Brazil this September and saw pretty much all brands of European cars but SAABs. Brazil is a huge market (bigger than the German market by sales volume) and SAAB really needs to set up an importer there once they get production started again.